The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guile’s theme goes with everything 🔥:pimp:

When I was kid playing SF at some point I just made up the story in my head that for w/e reason Ryu was in search of “Ken” having never met him or knowing much about him so in every fight with a SF character he would ask “AREYOUKEN!” in one of his attacks :lol:
got a classmate back in the day when we used to play the arcade, this was when SF2 first came out, and he would say that line, "OH YOU CAN'T !".

Summer Sale starts today

This is your early heads-up to set an alert for July 19. Because in just under a week, the Summer Sale lights up PlayStation Store, bringing with it blazingly hot discounts on thousands of games across PS5 and PS4.

Game discounts will be offered for a limited time, and some titles will leave the sale early*, so be sure not to miss out on discovering your next great adventure. The full game list will be revealed when the sale commences on July 19, and the link you'll need is right here. Once it's live, click to find out your regional discount.

*PlayStation Store's Summer Sale runs from 00.00am local time Wednesday, July 19, until 23.59pm local time on Wednesday, August 16. Some games will be removed from the promotion on August 2. Check a game's PlayStation Store page for its end date.

made a mistake of purchasing this a couple of days ago and realized that it still pre-order. though it was being released yesterday. bugger. got too excited and just realized it would only be available next month.

Attachments

• 1-32-800x450.jpg
    1-32-800x450.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 509
:lol: Got rid of my Thrustmaster wheel set, one of the reasons was because the stick addon was too expensive, 200 at the time. Now there's a new one for 70 bucks?

Looks like I'm going to continue to hold out for TLOU2 PS5.
Gustavo Santaolalla ( composed the music for last of us 1 & 2 ) seems to confirm that there is a Last of Us Part 2 Remastered for PS5 In a Spanish interview the interviewer talks about how he likes seeing a version of him in the last of us part 2 in game
He replied saying in the new version you can actually go up to him and ask him to play certain songsHe then stops saying I can’t say anything else

Yeah man, this **** getting out of hand. That joint is hopefully a free upgrade and not an entirely new SKU. Rumor is that Horizon Zero Dawn is also getting a remake too.

I guess if youd rather pay $70 instead of $10 for slightly improved graphics and performance

Clearly I would.
I'm missing the part where I would be disappointed in this.
This would be my first TLOU2 experience.
I don't have anything to compare it against.

tbh, neither do you.
It's clearly going to be more than just graphics/performance.
So maybe its graphics/performance/talk/listen to the composer for new features.
Totally sounds like those are the only 3 things that would be added to the PS5 version.
Falls in line w the crazy standard ND has too.

Gonna be wild if this turns out to be so much more than that.
Especially since we don't have a true PS5 ND experience that's new.
They wouldn't try to implement something in this game as a tease to whatever is in "Factions" "TLOU3" or new IP??

No ^%$# I'm paying for better graphics/performance
I'm on a PS5, I SHOULD be paying for that.

It’s your money but I highly doubt they’re going to deliver a night and day experience of a game that just released in 2020. That said, I’d most likely pay full price, $70, if I hadn’t already played it on PS4. I don’t see anything wrong if you’re copping for the first time.

Don't think the graphical leaps between TLOU2 and a potential remake will be as significant as the TLOU1 it's already a beautiful game.

I copped TLOU2 when it was on sale for $10 but if I didn't and had a chance to cop a PS5 version would do so without hesitation.

The only way I could see myself copping a TLOU2 remake is if there is free or ~$10 upgrade path (which I doubt Naughty Dog would do) of if they added some DLC like Left Behind.

Could easily flesh out some of those flashback sequences into a proper DLC.

I just find it funny how everyone thinks that a person that hasn't played something should settle for something that by definition would be of lesser quality.

We also have to take into account the "playbooks" of studios and their releases when it comes to the "Director's Cut" moniker that this particular rumored game has also been associated with.
With GOT DC, we got a new area/story w new weapons, game mechanics and enemies.
Death Stranding DC we got new missions, new mechanics/ways to do a delivery.

I highly doubt that ND will just give us faster load times and better graphics.
There won't be any new weapons/mechanics a new area of any sort???
Not saying they will throw the kitchen sink in w all new mocap, deleted scenes, a brand new dlc.
I'm just saying I'd be shocked that they would get outclassed feature wise or at least add something dope to the experience on new hardware.

Kinda like how GG made Burning shores PS5 only,
there was absolutely no way they wouldn't have some sort of true next gen showing at all. Especially given whenever Horizon 3 is going to drop.
ND is in that same position, we have no idea when we'll get whatever the next game is.
A somewhat strong showing for current gen and a preview of things to come is what they should be striving for. GG let us know, ND wouldn't??

Firmly expect this to get people to say something along the lines of
"Take your time w TLOU3, because this PS5 TLOU2 is:wow::wow::wow:"

Honestly I dont care what you settle or pay more for... they already got me for full price on the special edition I beat years ago. I have no desire to play the game again anytime soon regardless of the upgrades, but as a realist, I know whatever improvements they do with a bonefied PS5... or even a PC version, will be marginal. Therefore they arent getting me to double dip. Have fun waiting to pay more tho, hopefully if they do remake it its not a cash grab.

:lol: Got rid of my Thrustmaster wheel set, one of the reasons was because the stick addon was too expensive, 200 at the time. Now there's a new one for 70 bucks?
yeah, that was and still is idiotic til now. the OG 1 still sells like it's gold. the only TM I'm keeping for DD are the T3PA pedals and the upcoming shifter since they are compatible with it. not yet sure whether to upgrade to loadcell pedals though. as far as DD goes, it's a toss-up between a Cammus and Fanatec.

as far as the TH8S goes, finally something that is cheap and compatible with DIN or USB connection. but ultimately, it being cheaper.

When ND does these remasters is their whole studio locked in on that project? Or are they still mainly working on new projects while getting a smaller division to work on the remaster?

Support studios and devs from ND would be my guess. I think ND already confirmed they're working on a new game which many believe is TLOU Part III. Of course Factions is still a thing too.

Back
Top Bottom