assassination day
duel of the iron mic
wu tang clan ain't nuthin to +!*$ wit
the mystery of chess boxin
for heavens sake

and thats just ten off the top.

*bonus*
heaterz

holla at me when buttons comes out with ONE song on a retail album that messes with any of the above.

No alot of people see the name wu tang look back on the last decade of rap and can fathom how the entire Wu and legends go in the same sentence. The WU besides Meth and Ghost have been completely irrelevant for the past 5 years in hip hop and there is a reason for that. There is a reason jay at 37 or nas at 35 can still release a record and shut down hip hop because they are really that good. My problem with old rappers isn't their age it's the fact that they are living off accolades and achievements from a decade ago.
ohwell.gif

Cats like Nas, Jay, Jada, Cam, talib Kweli have somehow remained relevant through the music industry not because of what they once did but because they still release good music.

That makes no sense.

1) Jay (turning 40 this December) isn't relevant in 2009 because of his skills, he's relevant because he's the most influential human being in hip-hop, EVER. Jay-Z's lifestyle >>>>>>>>> than his music. And his music is GREAT. I'll put it like this, every african american male celebrity under the age of 30 that you would aspire to be like, wants to be like Jay-Z. Word to Lebron.

2) Did you really just put Talib Kweli, Jada and Cam's careers in the same category as Nas'?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

dudes witnessed Deck on Wu albums in there prime and guarenteed that 3/5 cats would more than likely claim redman as a member of the Wu before thay name Deck

laugh.gif
Ok, I'm done with this thread cause you are obviously talking out of you a__.

1)Plz let me know besides the internet.... where the Hell is anybody even thinking the name inspectah deck plz.... Ya'll are using the word"Legend" yet nobody talks about this igga. If his album drops today he won't do over 10,000 how the F does that coincide with being a legend.Every person i just named is more relevant and draws more interest than inspectah deck on there worse day.

2) this is a serious statement I have Never heard Inspectah deck named mention anywhere else but Wu tang threads so stop acting like he's some rap pioneer.What material has he put out lately that has been good. Plz direct me to it.

^
Wu-Tang threads?

You really think an artist's impact is base upon how many internet blog comments they receive? If so you need to go outside and get some fresh air
A majority a of people that rock with Wu and Deck are probably grown %%# men that don't even have the time to or even know about forums like this to post.Hell, I'm only here because I like sneakers.

Anyway...

"Take it how you take it, HBO Bodie/
Statewide, ain't nobody rocking no Joey/
I'm a legend, Meth let you live I'ma set it/
And I ain't on the phone but you get the TEXTmessage"

umk3brutality.gif

laugh.gif
@ what this thread has become

mad.gif

This lack of love for Masta Killa is astoundingly ridiculous. Yall acting like his last 2 albums this decade aint in the top 5 Wu solo albums this decade. MadeIn Brooklyn and No Said Date are
pimp.gif

I aint a big fan of Rza but I'd be stupid to say he don't go in some tracks especially on his solo shhh word to Domestic Violence.

Yall dudes hold on to the past way to much and are so bias. This whole thing started because Joe said at this time he could out rap method man. yes he singledhim out in a manner he didnt intend to like people are making it but it wasnt a diss and wu needs to relax. yall on here talking about records sold and thesedudes legends blah blah blah. im a huge wu fan grew up listening to them but i agree with the STATEMENT joe made. he can out rap meth TODAY not yesterday, lastmonth, or last year but TODAY. Its not the end of the world. Slaughterhouse today is a good RAP group. Are they going to sell tons of records of course not.that type music isnt in these days to the mainstream so stop talking about they'll never have the success of wu or meth did by his self because thats notrelevant. And yall are the same dudes who when their favorite rapper flops in sales (Lupe, Meth&Red, ghostface, etc) yall are quick to say "its notabout sales its about quality music"

Honestly, I couldn't name three Joe Budden joints though..
& I really really tried before time was up.

1. Pump it Up
2. Up in the Club
3. ???

Interestin to see how this unfolds. Would be a good past v. present battle to see where dudes stand lyrically. Couldn't listen cause I'm at work andMeth edited the OG post.

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

Budden is the first rapper in history that got a buzz from his girls booty alone.
Really?

r7uo37.jpg

And I cant believe how some of y'all are trying to downplay Deck.

Joe Budden CANT spit a better 16-32 than Method Man.. Inspectah Deck
eyes.gif
ehhh i dunno.... Joe Budden NEVER gonna be relevant from the way it looks rightnow in HIP HOP

Whoever said that this was wack you must not have listened past the jeopardy part... Deck spazzed out on this one OMG
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Joey is extremely nice with the flow however if Deck is prepared to do this or do better than this joint he is going to have some competition on his hands!

Dont sleep on Deck yall.. The War Is On.

I only made it to the end of page three ...

but geez I didn't realize there were so many Wu riders ...

seriously ... Deck is nice ... but not a LEGEND at all ...

Can-i-bus is nice too ... that _ def aint' no "legend".

StaXX wrote:
Honestly, I couldn't name three Joe Budden joints though..
& I really really tried before time was up.

1. Pump it Up
2. Up in the Club
3. ???

clearly dont like real music B.A.N.

y'all _ is trippin hard ... SMH ...

Originally Posted by young dr0

I only made it to the end of page three ...

but geez I didn't realize there were so many Wu riders ...

seriously ... Deck is nice ... but not a LEGEND at all ...

Can-i-bus is nice too ... that _ def aint' no "legend".

teeny_boppers1.jpg

shutdown.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

a list of songs deck destroyed:

cream
triumph
cold world
tres leches
guillotine
assassination day
duel of the iron mic
wu tang clan ain't nuthin to +!*$ wit
the mystery of chess boxin
for heavens sake

and thats just ten off the top.

*bonus*
heaterz

holla at me when buttons comes out with ONE song on a retail album that messes with any of the above.
don't forget above da clouds

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom