These WSHH videos are killing us.

OP I used to look at WS the same way you did. I felt they were promoting negativity, and making black people look bad. But wether WS exists or not your always gonna have dumb people posting stuff online that makes Black people look bad. There's youtube and all other types of ways for people to do that. Shutting down WS wouldn't really make a difference if you ask me.
ohwell.gif

OP I used to look at WS the same way you did. I felt they were promoting negativity, and making black people look bad. But wether WS exists or not your always gonna have dumb people posting stuff online that makes Black people look bad. There's youtube and all other types of ways for people to do that. Shutting down WS wouldn't really make a difference if you ask me.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Its only damaging to us because white people dont realize that one black person doesnt speak for the entire black community. Until people stop generalizing black people we cant advance ourselves.

Really?
You ask people to stop generalizing black people RIGHT AFTER generalizing white people. 
laugh.gif
OWNED

eh.

he's saying that black people are negatively generalized by AMERICA, due to the bombardment of negative images of blacks in media. Many americans don't have day-to-day contact with black people....there is a population of americans who's only interaction with black america is what they see in media.

his generalization of "white people" was out of a lack of a better term for a majority of americans who don't interact day-to-day with black people.....

which, if im not mistaken, would be white people....not ALL white people...but that specific populations of americans would MORE THAN LIKELY be white.....i mean, throw some indian and asian people in there, too.....

sure, there are white guys like crank lucas who know that Yung Buck and WSHH videos arent accurate representations of black people as a whole, but at the end of the day, don't try to mock his position just because he had to make generalizations, because they arent far-fetched at all.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Its only damaging to us because white people dont realize that one black person doesnt speak for the entire black community. Until people stop generalizing black people we cant advance ourselves.

Really?
You ask people to stop generalizing black people RIGHT AFTER generalizing white people. 
laugh.gif
OWNED

eh.

he's saying that black people are negatively generalized by AMERICA, due to the bombardment of negative images of blacks in media. Many americans don't have day-to-day contact with black people....there is a population of americans who's only interaction with black america is what they see in media.

his generalization of "white people" was out of a lack of a better term for a majority of americans who don't interact day-to-day with black people.....

which, if im not mistaken, would be white people....not ALL white people...but that specific populations of americans would MORE THAN LIKELY be white.....i mean, throw some indian and asian people in there, too.....

sure, there are white guys like crank lucas who know that Yung Buck and WSHH videos arent accurate representations of black people as a whole, but at the end of the day, don't try to mock his position just because he had to make generalizations, because they arent far-fetched at all.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

ohwell.gif

So because you don't think it'll make a difference, we should just leave it there? Making a change has to start somewhere.Even a one dollar donation helps a poor man. Think about it.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

ohwell.gif

So because you don't think it'll make a difference, we should just leave it there? Making a change has to start somewhere.Even a one dollar donation helps a poor man. Think about it.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by tecca nena

never been to the actual site but now Im kinda interested...

don't do it man. you not missing anything

See man, by making a post about it all you are doing is bringing more light to it. This thread you made alone has just brought more hits to the site. If you really so offended by the site just don't go to it. By doing anything else you are actually helping them out.

I think you are smart enough to know that really good things or really bad things get attention. WSHH is just like TMZ and Perez Hilton...people are going to look them regardless. They are a form of sensationalism.

WSHH isn't killing us though. Well it may be killing you, but it's not killing me. Those porch monkeys on that site does not in anyway represent me or the black people I put myself around.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

never been to the actual site but now Im kinda interested...

don't do it man. you not missing anything

See man, by making a post about it all you are doing is bringing more light to it. This thread you made alone has just brought more hits to the site. If you really so offended by the site just don't go to it. By doing anything else you are actually helping them out.

I think you are smart enough to know that really good things or really bad things get attention. WSHH is just like TMZ and Perez Hilton...people are going to look them regardless. They are a form of sensationalism.

WSHH isn't killing us though. Well it may be killing you, but it's not killing me. Those porch monkeys on that site does not in anyway represent me or the black people I put myself around.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If its not helping us, then it IS killing us. And its ten times worse because its our own people doing it to us.

yep
Might as well say the same thing about rap music then. But y'all aint giving that up. Can't be all selective if you are going to be a crusader against ignorance. I mean let's just keep it real here.

If its not helping us, then it IS killing us. And its ten times worse because its our own people doing it to us.

yep
Might as well say the same thing about rap music then. But y'all aint giving that up. Can't be all selective if you are going to be a crusader against ignorance. I mean let's just keep it real here.

it's just entertainment people. why so serious?
people who are gonna generalize a race of people are going to do so whether WSHH exist or not. 

Spoiler [+]

it's just entertainment people. why so serious?
people who are gonna generalize a race of people are going to do so whether WSHH exist or not. 

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Other Races love black people though, we the most entertaining people on the planet.

i never understood this until, i joined the military. all these white boys talk about is #stuffblackpeoplelike 
laugh.gif

Lol i had the same experience at bct back in the day at fort benning. Dudes was like man sorry bout tupac/biggie. they were cool and all these other things like hey while in the shower bust a flow/sing etc... I like jordans too etc all this random %$$. But my thing is why are black folks so consummed about what other races think of them. i say f em all. like me dont like me who gives a %$$. End of the day no matter how you talk,dress,act pretend to be etc its ppl who simple gonna hate you cause of your skin no matter how much shuck and jiving, blackface, yes massa, assimiating, conforming you try to do. So just learn love live life.

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Other Races love black people though, we the most entertaining people on the planet.

i never understood this until, i joined the military. all these white boys talk about is #stuffblackpeoplelike 
laugh.gif

Lol i had the same experience at bct back in the day at fort benning. Dudes was like man sorry bout tupac/biggie. they were cool and all these other things like hey while in the shower bust a flow/sing etc... I like jordans too etc all this random %$$. But my thing is why are black folks so consummed about what other races think of them. i say f em all. like me dont like me who gives a %$$. End of the day no matter how you talk,dress,act pretend to be etc its ppl who simple gonna hate you cause of your skin no matter how much shuck and jiving, blackface, yes massa, assimiating, conforming you try to do. So just learn love live life.

Great point and I agree but OP is also 100% correct.
WSHH displays straight ****ery and sets African Americans back 1600's and reinforces the well-known stereotypes of blacks. 

30t6p3b.gif
It's so frustrating
30t6p3b.gif

Great point and I agree but OP is also 100% correct.
WSHH displays straight ****ery and sets African Americans back 1600's and reinforces the well-known stereotypes of blacks. 

30t6p3b.gif
It's so frustrating
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

yep

Who's being selective? Everyone with a brain will tell you that a lot of the rap music is poison. It glorifies drugs, and it disrespects our women. Then we sell it to our youth and wonder why they're so messed up. What's your argument? Why are you adressing the few of trying to make a difference, as opposed to adressing the problem?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

yep

Who's being selective? Everyone with a brain will tell you that a lot of the rap music is poison. It glorifies drugs, and it disrespects our women. Then we sell it to our youth and wonder why they're so messed up. What's your argument? Why are you adressing the few of trying to make a difference, as opposed to adressing the problem?

Back
Top Bottom