Why do African Americans continue to practice Christianity if it was forced upon them during slavery

to lucky since you in Atlanta and say religion has nothing to do with it...ill give you a perfect example of how it does... the city of Avondale which has less then 3,000 ppl used the church to gather unite ppl together in order for the Walmart on memorial drive not be 24hrs....

um did god say thou shall not be 24 hr walmarts near black folks... um I doubt it...

the ppl in Decatur wanted it to be 24hrs... surely there is far more then 3,000 black folks in Decatur...

So did religion aka god make the Walmart close at 10...no of course not but them white folks in Avondale used the church aka religion to gather all the folks in the city of Avondale who opposed 24 hr Walmart aka we don't want blacks folks near and around our city at all times of the night/morning. aka using church/religion as a tool to unite gather ppl for economic/political etc...purpose.

And guess what.. it aint 24hrs... and guess what black folks still go there and moan and groan and complain I wish it was 24hrs... that's religion at work.

Now if black churches operated in that same manner... surely a ray of hope, a greenforest, a green pastures church could have galvanized blacks and if they acted in the same manner its possible the same type of results could occur... but what wont work is praying... holy ghosting... gossiping and instagraming twitter feeding scriptures posted vids of a sermon... That does nothing but soothe the savage beast

And im not gonna even go to how religion was used to promote and justify slavery... and since you said religion has nothing to do with growth economics etc.... um slavery does and slavery was a bi product of RELIGION in which whites used RELIGION to promote indoctrinate and justify slavery..

If you think that's the only instance and only time religion/church has been used to gather ppl, unite ppl for a common goal, to push a political agenda, for economic growth etc... tell that to Malcolm X and the nation of islam.... 

so you want less black people in sports? or more black people watching sports? 
what? I don't see how what I said was hard to comprehend.
i dont see a problem with the two demographics you pointed out, the people that go to watch the game are average citizens. there are more whites than blacks because there are way more white people in america than there are black people, hence why african americans are a minority. i dont see why african american dominance in sports should be seen as a bad thing, you could say they are used to make money but that also applies to the white players, there just happen to be less of them. those who do make it to the pros are rewarded for their talents and efforts while they make money for the team owners, both parties benefit from this system. 

i dont see a problem with the two demographics you pointed out, the people that go to watch the game are average citizens. there are more whites than blacks because there are way more white people in america than there are black people, hence why african americans are a minority. i dont see why african american dominance in sports should be seen as a bad thing, you could say they are used to make money but that also applies to the white players, there just happen to be less of them. those who do make it to the pros are rewarded for their talents and efforts while they make money for the team owners, both parties benefit from this system. 

people want to say we are integrated and racism is over when the main reason SEC schools truly began to accept blacks is for Athletic purposes, go to any SEC school and there is a sub black community where all /majority the blacks hang together, hell UGA has a separate "black " graduation ceremony and "black homecoming"

lol the thing is when the blacks went to U of A instead of Tuskeegee the blacks were still discriminated against, why do clowns hold PWIs to high standards? Why is it wrong for blacks to want to make Morehouse better than Harvard? Does that mean we will not admit white or asian students? dudes kill me with that, like you really have idiots who think HBCUs = No body but black can attend.

Why is it ok to you guys that you can watch the NCAA championship and everyone on the court is 90% black but the crowd is 90% white? But we are integrated. Get the hell out of here.

These folks using us for economic gain and dudes want to say racism is over and we are all equal and integrated because there are 5 blacks in a class of 80 white kids, oh and don't forget the 3 Asian kids sitting in the back of the class. This is MLKs dream right? lol
never said it was and this very thing is the reason many hbcu are strapped for cash... another tidbit ppl don't think about... up until integration aka assimilation.. most of the top professional athletes and the top academic/sports schools where hbcu... Once integration came about... the tim browns the deions the mj's the magics of the world opted out for hbcu and for the more pigment intolerant schools... and then that's when the billions started racking in...

I wont compare it to a slave system exactly but the same principals sorta imply make bucks offa the blacks back...and they are not to be compensated...but that's a entirely different subject

I get what y'all are saying, yea the hood got messed up, black people got disassociated, but segregation wasn't just blacks v whites, there are other races. The laws were horrid, there was no freedom of movement, no freedom of choice, racism was more perverse e through everyone, mostly because they could continue with stereotypes since they never had to interact with each other.

Arguing seperate is equal/ seperate is free is ridiculous, yea in Harlem it was sweet, but what about Oklahoma? Texas? Alabama? North Dakota? Washington? all people need State governments and in those places where there isn't a strong black presence, those state gov. Ain't gonna care about Negroes because they never see them.

To say segregation was better is a very 2014 statement, there werent very many Pro-segregation Negroes, black panther, the nation, brother Malcom, Martin, Giovanni, Angelou etc. we're all pro-integration because they knew the horrors of a segregated State.

And everyone uses everyone for economic gain...it's called an economy.

Last edited:
A thread about race AND religion combined?! 

This is like the perfect breeding ground for ignorant opinions and poorly contrived arguments 
laugh.gif

to lucky since you in Atlanta and say religion has nothing to do with it...ill give you a perfect example of how it does... the city of Avondale which has less then 3,000 ppl used the church to gather unite ppl together in order for the Walmart on memorial drive not be 24hrs....

um did god say thou shall not be 24 hr walmarts near black folks... um I doubt it...

the ppl in Decatur wanted it to be 24hrs... surely there is far more then 3,000 black folks in Decatur...

So did religion aka god make the Walmart close at 10...no of course not but them white folks in Avondale used the church aka religion to gather all the folks in the city of Avondale who opposed 24 hr Walmart aka we don't want blacks folks near and around our city at all times of the night/morning. aka using church/religion as a tool to unite gather ppl for economic/political etc...purpose.

And guess what.. it aint 24hrs... and guess what black folks still go there and moan and groan and complain I wish it was 24hrs... that's religion at work.

Now if black churches operated in that same manner... surely a ray of hope, a greenforest, a green pastures church could have galvanized blacks and if they acted in the same manner its possible the same type of results could occur... but what wont work is praying... holy ghosting... gossiping and instagraming twitter feeding scriptures posted vids of a sermon... That does nothing but soothe the savage beast

And im not gonna even go to how religion was used to promote and justify slavery... and since you said religion has nothing to do with growth economics etc.... um slavery does and slavery was a bi product of RELIGION in which whites used RELIGION to promote indoctrinate and justify slavery..

If you think that's the only instance and only time religion/church has been used to gather ppl, unite ppl for a common goal, to push a political agenda, for economic growth etc... tell that to Malcolm X and the nation of islam.... 

first off the church was used because Avondale is that tiny there is literally no other places to meet. The argument of not wanting a wal mart was that it was a threat to all of the small businesses in the area. Main blacks that were for a 24 hr wal mart is because they want 24 access to goods that would be sold at a cheaper price than that of the small businesses. Why do you think Wal Marts are literally on every corner of black communities in Atlanta? Wal Marts kill the chance of people even wanting to shop at Black owned business because a small businesses simply cannot compete price wise with the likes of Wal Mart. Once again this was all economics and zero to do with religion.

people want to say we are integrated and racism is over when the main reason SEC schools truly began to accept blacks is for Athletic purposes, go to any SEC school and there is a sub black community where all /majority the blacks hang together, hell UGA has a separate "black " graduation ceremony and "black homecoming"
I actually attended there and in most part it still is on some jim crow type era vibe.... outside of the few Asians who side with whites and then those I aint African American/black folks who do their best white person impression.

I get what y'all are saying, yea the hood got messed up, black people got disassociated, but segregation wasn't just blacks v whites, there are other races. The laws were horrid, there was no freedom of movement, no freedom of choice, racism was more perverse e through everyone, mostly because they could continue with stereotypes since they never had to interact with each other.

Arguing seperate is equal/ seperate is free is ridiculous, yea in Harlem it was sweet, but what about Oklahoma? Texas? Alabama? North Dakota? Washington? all people need State governments and in those places where there isn't a strong black presence, those state gov. Ain't gonna care about Negroes because they never see them.

To say segregation was better is a very 2014 statement, there werent very many Pro-segregation Negroes, black panther, the nation, brother Malcom, Martin, Giovanni, Angelou etc. we're all pro-integration because they knew the horrors of a segregated State.

And everyone uses everyone for economic gain...it's called an economy.

Malcom X WAS NOT pro integration.

And most these Civil Rights figures were puppets, literally look at MLKs speeches before he was killed that they don't publicize, its because he began to see integration simply would not work.

I actually attended there and in most part it still is on some jim crow type era vibe.... outside of the few Asians who side with whites and then those I aint African American/black folks who do their best white person impression.

lol when Obama won White Kids were on some KKK type steeze at UGA and GA Southern, while at HBCUS everyone was happy and cheerful. Like I said dudes kill me with this "racism is dead because I can go to UGA instead of Morehouse"

first off the church was used because Avondale is that tiny there is literally no other places to meet. The argument of not wanting a wal mart was that it was a threat to all of the small businesses in the area. Main blacks that were for a 24 hr wal mart is because they want 24 access to goods that would be sold at a cheaper price than that of the small businesses. Why do you think Wal Marts are literally on every corner of black communities in Atlanta? Wal Marts kill the chance of people even wanting to shop at Black owned business because a small businesses simply cannot compete price wise with the likes of Wal Mart. Once again this was all economics and zero to do with religion.
exactly my point... the church aka alike minds religious beliefs was used to gather ppl to reach a common goal... why cant black do the same is my point...why don't blacks do the same...

if 2500 white folks can gather under the guess of Lutheran church beliefs to make a social/economic change.. why cant 50,000 plus gather under the guess of Christianity in a black church and promote and make changes in the same manner....?

And also why don't they.... I mean its cool I personally don't care if folks bowed down to a head of lettuce... my thing is I you got all these ppl who all have one common goal, one common objective why not use that to your advantage to advocate change? That's what everyone else is using it for..

Why cant/wont blacks do the same...Instead of all gathering at church and praying for the 15 y/o who was gunned down by police and his family needs legal help...praying etc... while I believe is bs and useless why not ALSO/INSTEAD get together and use your voice to speak out...or at the very least gather money to get the family a worthy/good great legal representation?

exactly my point... the church aka alike minds religious beliefs was used to gather ppl to reach a common goal... why cant black do the same is my point...why don't blacks do the same...

if 2500 white folks can gather under the guess of Lutheran church beliefs to make a social/economic change.. why cant 50,000 plus gather under the guess of Christianity in a black church and promote and make changes in the same manner....?

And also why don't they.... I mean its cool I personally don't care if folks bowed down to a head of lettuce... my thing is I you got all these ppl who all have one common goal, one common objective why not use that to your advantage to advocate change? That's what everyone else is using it for..

Why cant/wont blacks do the same...Instead of all gathering at church and praying for the 15 y/o who was gunned down by police and his family needs legal help...praying etc... while I believe is bs and useless why not ALSO/INSTEAD get together and use your voice to speak out...or at the very least gather money to get the family a worthy/good great legal representation?

once again, Avondale is small, can 2500 white people meet at someones back yard? lol have you been to Avondale? its literally like 1-5 square miles.

lol when Obama won White Kids were on some KKK type steeze at UGA and GA Southern, while at HBCUS everyone was happy and cheerful. Like I said dudes kill me with this "racism is dead because I can go to UGA instead of Morehouse"
I hated it so bad I just transferred to gsu and graduated from there...between the lame axx lake parties man I don't want to really delve into that it was just on some set back into 1960's vibe... I knew it when all bad at the time having a fro and random white folks would touch pet my hair and compare it to cotton candy or like some walking talking chia pet... especially white chicks... or the which worked out many times the ole I will act/pretend im toreback drunk and sleep with you but cant date you cause well u know how it is and my folks would disapprove which was ok with me cause I don't love them ohs anywhoo

I hated it so bad I just transferred to gsu and graduated from there...between the lame axx lake parties man I don't want to really delve into that it was just on some set back into 1960's vibe... I knew it when all bad at the time having a fro and random white folks would touch pet my hair and compare it to cotton candy or like some walking talking chia pet... especially white chicks... or the which worked out many times the ole I will act/pretend im toreback drunk and sleep with you but cant date you cause well u know how it is and my folks would disapprove which was ok with me cause I don't love them ohs anywhoo

even looking at GSU (GA State) the most diverse university in the states, Blacks still form their own sub community. When we integrate we still separate if that makes sense. People think segregation = alienation, and thats the case, simply put everything that blacks went through back then was due to White majority withholding wealth and opportunities and and not wanting to let anyone get a piece of the "American Dream"

Literally look at the Harlem Renaissance, blacks NEVER said no whites allowed in the Cotton cLub or any black business, but let a black man try to go to Brads Bakery that is whites only he would be hung.
Separate but Equal in its true meaning is saying We as humans have our own communities but across the board everyone deserves the same opportunities and quality of life. What Good is allowing a black man to move to a rich white suburb going to do if blacks in general can't afford to live there? How can you even integrate when across the board majority of your community can't even prosper to take advantage of this so called integration?

once again, Avondale is small, can 2500 white people meet at someones back yard? lol have you been to Avondale? its literally like 1-5 square miles.
I have I got my mom a condo right in Avondale down the street from the school...

my thing is they still used the church and the commonality of religious beliefs to meet gather and unite to reach a common goal that had social/economic impact..

one of my first experiences with this was like iuno maybe 11/12 an I went to a Lutheran church with this white girl who I liked.. The service was different to say the least... But the one part that stood out to me, even 20+ yrs later is at the end of the service and they had the agenda portion of the service... they discuss things like getting together to do stuff like fix a certain road... joining forces with other likeminded churches and orgs... to do things like get new equipment for the local schools gyms... adding much needed stop signs for neighborhoods... etc.. things like that..

In all my life from first hand dealing with hosea and the folks, mike and frank bronner, bishop fisher of spirit of love..the Ebenezer Baptist so on and so forth...I have never ever ever ever seen this occur... yea they might talk about it...and the preacher say pray on it... or some other dismissive bs.. But actually talk unite folks gather affluent ppl of the community combine resources etc... to advocate change nah.. hell not even for something as simple as a speed bump.

Reactions: wr
Malcom X WAS NOT pro integration.

And most these Civil Rights figures were puppets, literally look at MLKs speeches before he was killed that they don't publicize, its because he began to see integration simply would not work.
the bolded part is very important for people to know, this is true, and why I think he was killed.

I have I got my mom a condo right in Avondale down the street from the school...

my thing is they still used the church and the commonality of religious beliefs to meet gather and unite to reach a common goal that had social/economic impact..

one of my first experiences with this was like iuno maybe 11/12 an I went to a Lutheran church with this white girl who I liked.. The service was different to say the least... But the one part that stood out to me, even 20+ yrs later is at the end of the service and they had the agenda portion of the service... they discuss things like getting together to do stuff like fix a certain road... joining forces with other likeminded churches and orgs... to do things like get new equipment for the local schools gyms... adding much needed stop signs for neighborhoods... etc.. things like that..

In all my life from first hand dealing with hosea and the folks, mike and frank bronner, bishop fisher of spirit of love..the Ebenezer Baptist so on and so forth...I have never ever ever ever seen this occur... yea they might talk about it...and the preacher say pray on it... or some other dismissive bs.. But actually talk unite folks gather affluent ppl of the community combine resources etc... to advocate change nah.. hell not even for something as simple as a speed bump.

the thing this all these Civil rights puppets were part of the black church because historically the church was the only place blacks could meet in large numbers safely. I stated in my first post in this thread that Religion was used as a Tool to control, that does not mean Reglion IS the tool to control.

For example, guns harm AND protect people, if you ban all guns you still have people who want to cause harm. If you ban religion that still doesn't solve the issue of their being snakes who want to oppress us economically. Thats why I say RELIGION is the least of our worries ECONOMICS is the only way to prosper. Like I have continued to say, if we put religion, skin color, accent etc to the side and get together and get this money, everything will be good at the end of the day.

even looking at GSU (GA State) the most diverse university in the states, Blacks still form their own sub community. When we integrate we still separate if that makes sense. People think segregation = alienation, and thats the case, simply put everything that blacks went through back then was due to White majority withholding wealth and opportunities and and not wanting to let anyone get a piece of the "American Dream"

Literally look at the Harlem Renaissance, blacks NEVER said no whites allowed in the Cotton cLub or any black business, but let a black man try to go to Brads Bakery that is whites only he would be hung.
Separate but Equal in its true meaning is saying We as humans have our own communities but across the board everyone deserves the same opportunities and quality of life. What Good is allowing a black man to move to a rich white suburb going to do if blacks in general can't afford to live there? How can you even integrate when across the board majority of your community can't even prosper to take advantage of this so called integration?
but black ppl do feel they prosper...they feel they are one step closer to being accepted and loved and getting that seal of approval from whites... thing is they aren't...and in large part probably never will. It is no surprise 9 outta 10 a black person get some money they running from Atlanta and out to gwinnett Kennesaw out there near macon/forsyth which until the last 15 odd yrs or so went damn near an entire century to which no other group of ppl resided in hell even passed/went thru but whites.. a town that had racial/racist signage letting folks know this is white ppl only..

I don't get it its no coincidence as soon as an area grows into a large group of minorities especially blacks...white folks in drones up and leave... see Decatur... and how it use to be clan land until black folks came about and they headed up towards Cherokee county

the thing this all these Civil rights puppets were part of the black church because historically the church was the only place blacks could meet in large numbers safely. I stated in my first post in this thread that Religion was used as a Tool to control, that does not mean Reglion IS the tool to control.

For example, guns harm AND protect people, if you ban all guns you still have people who want to cause harm. If you ban religion that still doesn't solve the issue of their being snakes who want to oppress us economically. Thats why I say RELIGION is the least of our worries ECONOMICS is the only way to prosper. Like I have continued to say, if we put religion, skin color, accent etc to the side and get together and get this money, everything will be good at the end of the day.
but the tool the thing that will get blacks to unite and get together is religion...what other avenue outside of a Jordan release... a rap concert... a college frat festival aka like a freaknik can you get a large group of black ppl together? oh or the voting of a black president...

but black ppl do feel they prosper...they feel they are one step closer to being accepted and loved and getting that seal of approval from whites... thing is they aren't...and in large part probably never will. It is no surprise 9 outta 10 a black person get some money they running from Atlanta and out to gwinnett Kennesaw out there near macon/forsyth which until the last 15 odd yrs or so went damn near an entire century to which no other group of ppl resided in hell even passed/went thru but whites.. a town that had racial/racist signage letting folks know this is white ppl only..

I don't get it its no coincidence as soon as an area grows into a large group of minorities especially blacks...white folks in drones up and leave... see Decatur... and how it use to be clan land until black folks came about and they headed up towards Cherokee county

The Reason Clayton County, Marietta, Decatur and Stone Mountain became what they did is when they tore down all the projects in 96. Everyone was forced to move outward, in turn the whites moved further out. Now if you look at it what they did to East Atlanta for example, blacks could have gone back in the early 2000s and bought up the land but blacks had that "man I aint moving there thats the hood" and white folks began and are buying up all of our prime old hoods close to the city while blacks are stuck out in Lithonia not developing anything far away from the booming industries.

but the tool the thing that will get blacks to unite and get together is religion...what other avenue outside of a Jordan release... a rap concert... a college frat festival aka like a freaknik can you get a large group of black ppl together? oh or the voting of a black president...

thats why so many groups are heavily invested in keeping black messiah movements squashed. No secret about this.

Once again, Religion isn't the issue, Religion is more so the vehicle being used to infiltrate the Black Community and keep us in check, everyone can agree about that. Blacks leaving behind religion still wont wake us up, because then society will find another vehicle to keep us in check (ie.music, tv, etc)

Trayvon Martin church was the only reason Zimmerman was charged tho. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom