Wrestling Thread July 11-17 | 7/17 WWE Money in the Bank - Punk Beats Cena, Leaves With WWE Title

You know, I think they may waste both Money in the Banks.

Have Vince bring someone out then to screw Punk separate as a total swerve like Colt Cabana. I mean I know everyone sees a Punk stable but maybe punk made it known he wanted to feud with some of these guys first. Bring out the smackdown MITB winner. Punk wins. Raw comes out, Punk wins. Vince then says he has one more and it is Colt coming from the stands to attack Punk to get the win for VKM.

Yes I know it would never happen, but imagine if our WWE writers could do something like that.

You know, I think they may waste both Money in the Banks.

Have Vince bring someone out then to screw Punk separate as a total swerve like Colt Cabana. I mean I know everyone sees a Punk stable but maybe punk made it known he wanted to feud with some of these guys first. Bring out the smackdown MITB winner. Punk wins. Raw comes out, Punk wins. Vince then says he has one more and it is Colt coming from the stands to attack Punk to get the win for VKM.

Yes I know it would never happen, but imagine if our WWE writers could do something like that.

News & Notes for Tonight

--Cena and Punk did their planned match on July 5 in Brisbane, Australia.  They are doing a different finish tonight but the same body of the match, which involves kicking out of each others' finishers and the like, and went about 30 minutes.  With Punk not wrestling for a while, he's going to leave everything out there because it's the biggest match of his career.  
--It was described as almost a WrestleMania vibe at the hotel.  Lots of very passionate fans there, which isn't allowed at Mania since the talent is kept sequestered.  The impression we were given is very few people know tonight's finish in the company.  

--As you would expect, quite frankly, even if he's returning shortly, C.M. Punk is not advertised for any WWE events between now and the end of the year.  As best I can tell, nobody knows (and if a few do, they are keeping it quiet) when he'll be returning although internally everyone is talking as a given he'll be back by early next year.

--Colt Cabana and C.M. Punk were together on Sirius/XM promoting tonight's show.  He said he's been offered a five year new deal and turned it down.  He also said that The Rock does not deserve to be in the main event at WrestleMania.

News & Notes for Tonight

--Cena and Punk did their planned match on July 5 in Brisbane, Australia.  They are doing a different finish tonight but the same body of the match, which involves kicking out of each others' finishers and the like, and went about 30 minutes.  With Punk not wrestling for a while, he's going to leave everything out there because it's the biggest match of his career.  
--It was described as almost a WrestleMania vibe at the hotel.  Lots of very passionate fans there, which isn't allowed at Mania since the talent is kept sequestered.  The impression we were given is very few people know tonight's finish in the company.  

--As you would expect, quite frankly, even if he's returning shortly, C.M. Punk is not advertised for any WWE events between now and the end of the year.  As best I can tell, nobody knows (and if a few do, they are keeping it quiet) when he'll be returning although internally everyone is talking as a given he'll be back by early next year.

--Colt Cabana and C.M. Punk were together on Sirius/XM promoting tonight's show.  He said he's been offered a five year new deal and turned it down.  He also said that The Rock does not deserve to be in the main event at WrestleMania.

Y'all got me sooo hype for this, let's goDel Rrrioooooooo!! Oh and when did MITB starta SD and Raw match last I remember there was1 match and the winner chose what belt to go for... I don'tknow but I got Sheamus takin the SD match

Y'all got me sooo hype for this, let's goDel Rrrioooooooo!! Oh and when did MITB starta SD and Raw match last I remember there was1 match and the winner chose what belt to go for... I don'tknow but I got Sheamus takin the SD match

I think cm punk wins, only for vince to come out and say he has to face del rio right now who is the real #1 contender....only right before del rio wins r truth cashes in and steals the title and becomes vinces corporate champ
pimp.gif

I think cm punk wins, only for vince to come out and say he has to face del rio right now who is the real #1 contender....only right before del rio wins r truth cashes in and steals the title and becomes vinces corporate champ
pimp.gif

Punk has taken alot of jabs at the Rock during this whole ordeal, is WWE trying to set something down the line after they have Rock vs Cena?

Punk has taken alot of jabs at the Rock during this whole ordeal, is WWE trying to set something down the line after they have Rock vs Cena?

¤ GHIMS MITB PREDICTIONS ¤

Kelly Kelly wins in 4 min.

Big Show wins

SD MITB Winner: Wade Barrett

Christian is the new champ due to interference from Sheamus.

Raw MITB Winner: Kofi Kingston

CM Punk is the new champ. vkm comes out to screw punk, only for vkm to be stopped by colt. wouldn't be shocked if nexus comes out and turns on punk, then punk and cena lay them out.

Monday night raw tomorrow. CM Punk has a farewell speech, then Kofi comes out to cash in the briefcase and is new champ.

seeing as the title stays in the wwe, vkm rehires cena

¤ GHIMS MITB PREDICTIONS ¤

Kelly Kelly wins in 4 min.

Big Show wins

SD MITB Winner: Wade Barrett

Christian is the new champ due to interference from Sheamus.

Raw MITB Winner: Kofi Kingston

CM Punk is the new champ. vkm comes out to screw punk, only for vkm to be stopped by colt. wouldn't be shocked if nexus comes out and turns on punk, then punk and cena lay them out.

Monday night raw tomorrow. CM Punk has a farewell speech, then Kofi comes out to cash in the briefcase and is new champ.

seeing as the title stays in the wwe, vkm rehires cena

Last week it was reported that CM Punk’s WWE contract has actually already expired, and that he signed an extension through the PPV in order to work the main event of tonight’s PPV in Chicago against John Cena.

In an update to that story, Punk has been making the media rounds this week hyping tonight’s show, and has been very candid about his experience with WWE and his current status with the company. In an interview conducted for the Abe Kanan Sirius/XM Radio Show, Punk noted that he has NOT re-signed with WWE at this point, and that the extent of his re-negotiation with the company is roughly as follows:

-WWE wants Punk to re-sign for 5 years, to which Punk said no.

-Up until a few years ago, Punk did NOT get along well with Randy Orton to the point where it almost became physical between the two.

-Punk feels The Rock does not deserve to main event WrestleMania.

-WWE offered Punk a role in a non-WWE produced horror film and Punk turned it down.

Last week it was reported that CM Punk’s WWE contract has actually already expired, and that he signed an extension through the PPV in order to work the main event of tonight’s PPV in Chicago against John Cena.

In an update to that story, Punk has been making the media rounds this week hyping tonight’s show, and has been very candid about his experience with WWE and his current status with the company. In an interview conducted for the Abe Kanan Sirius/XM Radio Show, Punk noted that he has NOT re-signed with WWE at this point, and that the extent of his re-negotiation with the company is roughly as follows:

-WWE wants Punk to re-sign for 5 years, to which Punk said no.

-Up until a few years ago, Punk did NOT get along well with Randy Orton to the point where it almost became physical between the two.

-Punk feels The Rock does not deserve to main event WrestleMania.

-WWE offered Punk a role in a non-WWE produced horror film and Punk turned it down.

I predict:

Kelly Kelly
Mark Henry
Barrett
Del Rio
Orton
Punk

Who I want to win:
Kelly Kelly
Mark Henry
Daniel Bryan
Kofi Kingston