• No new threads

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All those cats gonna join in.

200w.gif

for every Elias, there are hundreds of Jimmy Longtights pushing 40 in light bulb matches in front of 5 roaring fans. success is a complicated equation.

This isn't basketball or football.

When someone controls whether or not you progress, you can't make statements like this.

I swear yall forget this at times.

this is where the concept of legitimacy gets interesting for me...for example, the NCAA is set up so that only the 20 colleges you can name offhand have a chance in any of the high profile sports. the governing body controls the flow of talent and actively structures itself to promote certain outcomes (big game, big schools, big money, all time every time).

as an aspiring pro player considering a university to attend, you know that going to Major State will afford you the biggest platform and directly affect your draft status as opposed to choosing Lil Tech A&M, which might be the best life decision but won't get you an ESPN pre-draft hype job.

in this scenario, the cream does tend to rise to the top, but only when certain predetermined conditions are satisfied. progress is, to an extent, controlled.

NBA, same thing. 3 or 4 Globetrotter squads, dozens of Washington Generals. it is by design and therefore the outcomes are limited, if not wholly determined.

hell, combat sports has it too, which is why phrases like "ducking contenders," "tomato can," and "paper champion" exist.

I believe in with hard work success will come. Gauging what success is up to that person. I know that it’s a lot of other factors that have to deal with getting a push in life. But one thing that everyone respects is hard work and showing people that you belong.

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9

nah...people die climbing mountains all the time. work as hard as you want, but if it ain't your lifetime, it ain't.

you know how many people pour everything they have into something and just don't have the aptitude?

the reality of failure as a common outcome is what makes success so fulfilling. I wish it for all of you.

for every Elias, there are hundreds of Jimmy Longtights pushing 40 in light bulb matches in front of 5 roaring fans. success is a complicated equation.

Bingo.

It is fairy talish to believe, "Working hard gets you ____." Well hell, you know how many people work hard? Mathematically, there aren't enough spots to reward everyone that works hard.

Too many things need to be factored to lead off with hard work pays off.

Nah, in wrestling, you know what pays off?

Good genetics. (Race included)
Someone in a high position rocking with you on a personal level.
What Stephanie ate last night

THIS sport, more so than any other, controls the destiny of those that succeed more than any other sport we know.

If someone doesn't make it, it doesn't HAVE to be because of a lack of talent.
If someone doesn't make it, it doesn't HAVE to be because of a lack of effort.
If someone doesn't make it, it doesn't HAVE to be because of a lack of skill.

It could simply mean last February, someone liked you and gave you a shot and it clicked within the organization.

Again, yall are SO black and white with things.

EC1029F3-3C1D-465C-87F9-B76704376DAE.jpeg

Somebody send me a funko?
Doesn’t say who it’s from , return address is the hut company.
Thanks to whoever sent it .:pimp:

I saw BMR and not Rustle and immediately got pissed.

Just finished the WK 12 pick em. I will post it next week or do you want it now? I didn't do one for the NJPW Rumble match since we don't know whos in it.

NOW!

Arigatou, Gene-san.

Yeah getting caught was prolly the wrong terminology.

Point is, Xavier is a wild boy :lol:

Mad Kenny chose Ibu-tan over him.

I knew Tyson was a ****.

nah...people die climbing mountains all the time. work as hard as you want, but if it ain't your lifetime, it ain't.

you know how many people pour everything they have into something and just don't have the aptitude?

the reality of failure as a common outcome is what makes success so fulfilling. I wish it for all of you.
But at least they tried. Outside of Nak vs Sami when can a fan really say that Nak gave it his all. On the main roster he hasn’t shown me nothing that says he belongs in the top or upper mid card.

Guy says Work Hard and you will make it.

Guy says Dolph works hard, but he has yet to make it.

Where is the logic?

I thought all you needed to do is work hard

dolph hasnt made it? he's accomplished a hell of lot and been able to make himself relevant for a decade
HOF career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom