Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

There’s a difference between sleek and just plain flat.

Scollard23’s pair is overly flat and incorrect. Albeit they’re “sleek” compared to the rounder toeboxes, it looks awkward and uncomfortable.

It’s not an upgrade since it was executed poorly. Just like Jordan Brands attempt at the 1 retro high ‘85
Ppl in the 85 thread swear by that garbage mold. It's so off putting. I hate "85s". One of the worst money grab gimmicks so far and they overpaying fir them. I told them I much rather have "remastered" jordan "high og" mold and they all think I'm crazy. 😳🤣

Somehow he got the attention of Nike who now seeds him on some shoes, so I truly think he's now always going to want to defend and play nice with Nike to keep that connection. A lot of what he's stated in the past was authentic, however, now it's questionable to be honest; we'll never truly know. Honestly, I'd probably do the exact same thing if I were him!

“Critics out there aren’t actually aware”… “Nicer than the Italian” :lol:

“Slurp”

Son is wylin… Sit down:sick:

I've seen him post on his page that talking about Retros not being made faithful to the OGs was "negativity".

And he wanted everyone to stop being negative. 😂

So basically: shut up and buy what they sell us.

Somehow he got the attention of Nike who now seeds him on some shoes, so I truly think he's now always going to want to defend and play nice with Nike to keep that connection. A lot of what he's stated in the past was authentic, however, now it's questionable to be honest; we'll never truly know. Honestly, I'd probably do the exact same thing if I were him!

He's said on more than one occasion that people saying these should've been made in Italy like the OGs need to shut up because then the shoes would cost $400 or $500. I would genuinely like to know how Nike, which was far from the bajillion-dollar monster that it is today, could manage to do it back then but today it's just impossible. I'm not saying it IS possible, but if it isn't, it would be interesting to know why.

In fact, this whole never-ending thing about many retros being made either poorly or not looking enough like the OGs is fueled hugely by the fact we never get a legit explanation behind the reasons. And when Nike does from time to time knock a retro out of the park, proving it CAN do so, it has only itself to blame for the perception most of us have that it usually just doesn't care and cheaps out most of the time so it can maximize profit margins . People like Scollard and others (including some on this site) who write it all off as negativity etc. and tell everyone they should just be happy to have anything come off as complete shills as a result, and deservedly so.

I don't think anyone is really hating on the guy and his friend for being involved with the project, as any of us would love to be offered the same opportunity. But the endless stroking of Nike/JB and the end result (the shoes themselves) is what comes off poorly. Especially when it's still unclear how nice these really are in person and in retail form. That's why I said he's gonna get shelled even more if these don't turn out amazing when we all get them in our own hands. Dude sure has a LOT of trust in Nike/JB to be pushing these so hard based on their QUALITY. I hope he's at least seen and held true retail pairs.

If nothing else, this entire aspect of this launch and the messaging effort shows how hard JB is trying to turn the II into a popular, desirable model after decades of only a few people caring more than two cents about it LOL

Funny how that works doesn’t it :lol:

#slurpslurp

I don't think anyone is really hating on the guy and his friend for being involved with the project, as any of us would love to be offered the same opportunity. But the endless stroking of Nike/JB and the end result (the shoes themselves) is what comes off poorly.
I’m hating on the guy. Screw that phony. He just wants to hang on Jordan Brand’s 🏀 🏀 🏀 and get seeded pairs. If I was involved with the project I’d tell the truth and express my thoughts on what I expect from the retro. Don’t feed me lies. I’d have nothing to lose and I really don’t need seeded pairs. I really don’t care. I want BETTER retros. I don’t need freebies. This, for me, is about the love of the brand and the history. Don’t freaking water it down. Don’t put “quality inspired by the greatest ever” and then give us fake plastic looking AJ 13 leather. Don’t even get me started. Maybe the Chicago 2 will be a respectable retro, but it still falls short of the Italian made OG one. This multi-billion dollar company can afford to release one like the original. They just want to continue to feed us lies to Increase their profits. I’m no fool. However, what is even a worse slap in the face is the see through sock AJ 37. Get the hell out of here with that ugly cheap trash.

These will not have better leather than the original. I do not even buy the story of leather coming from Italy back then. It was just a way to justify a price increase. The shoe will look good I have no doubt. But to claim "better than 87" is a little too much. Even if you have a true DS 87 in hand, you still cannot compare to a leather that is 35 years old.
This Scollard guy loves 2s like I do 7s. I get it, I would be crazy if JB gifted me a pair of retro 7s that were super close to its original. But I would never say they were gonna be better than.

I’m hating on the guy. Screw that phony. He just wants to hang on Jordan Brand’s 🏀 🏀 🏀 and get seeded pairs. If I was involved with the project I’d tell the truth and express my thoughts on what I expect from the retro. Don’t feed me lies. I’d have nothing to lose and I really don’t need seeded pairs. I really don’t care. I want BETTER retros. I don’t need freebies. This, for me, is about the love of the brand and the history. Don’t freaking water it down. Don’t put “quality inspired by the greatest ever” and then give us fake plastic looking AJ 13 leather. Don’t even get me started. Maybe the Chicago 2 will be a respectable retro, but it still falls short of the Italian made OG one. This multi-billion dollar company can afford to release one like the original. They just want to continue to feed us lies to Increase their profits. I’m no fool. However, what is even a worse slap in the face is the see through sock AJ 37. Get the hell out of here with that ugly cheap trash.

I meant to say, "except for sure the Man of the Spoon" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can see people wearing a 9.5 and buying a 10 just to get the extra lace loop :rofl: :rofl:
I’m not going to sit here and say I’m not thinking about it. I wear a 9.5 in 1s 5s 6s and a 10 in pretty much every other Jordan.

I’m being told I should cop a 9.5 in these to match my AJ1 size. Part of me wants to go with a 10 for the extra lace loop.

As lame as it might be, I think the shoe looks a bit better with the extra loop.

Did we miss something? When did these release in GS sizes on Champs...

Screenshot_20221010_153429_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom