H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

so adidas is only trying to sell to people who know soccer only?

no new customers ever right?

no one ever gets introduced to soccer everyone in the world who knows about soccer already knows about it right?

even if that was the case, theres still the fact that their ad can offend even if ppl dont know soccer

Well I mean .. aren't only soccer players going to buy soccer cleats? No one that doesn't know a thing about soccer is going to buy soccer cleats ...

They ain't Jordans. You can't just rock soccer cleats anywhere.

and your ads arent trying to entice new customers to get interested in soccer right?

only to advertise to the finite number of soccer fans already

i think so.

i don't think a guy seeing a pogba predator ad is going to say oh those cleats look sick im going to buy those to play soccer now a sport i've never watched in my life.

i think so.

i don't think a guy seeing a pogba predator ad is going to say oh those cleats look sick im going to buy those to play soccer now a sport i've never watched in my life.

well if youre running a business are you out for every dollar possible or just the ones who know soccer?

again, soccer fans arent not the only people seeing this ad

yet and still we come back to this again

marketing a racist ad to a specific audience that is racist as well

I have mixed feelings on the topic...

I can side with the majority that this was a horrible idea and SOME ONE should have been like.... nah, this won't end well -- regardless of intention, the PERCEPTION is only going to go one way... it's a no win situation

Most kids don't see racial undertones with the word monkey --- they see..... a monkey. A playful animal always getting into **** and being goofy. So in the context of a child's interpretation there's nothing wrong with the hoodie or who models it. But..... small children aren't on Twitter or H&M shopping for it. It's adults. Adults who have a history with the word/animal being used in the context of a racial slur. So their immediate reaction is what we're seeing. Which is why HM was in the wrong for giving this the green light. This was an adult decision, not a bunch of kids designing their own clothing like a Doernbecher collection.

The Pogba **** is a massive reach.

I'm sorry.

That was a PRE-EXISTING line of shoes that Adidas has been putting out. David Beckham has his own model in the Predator collection.

There are alot of opportunists on both sides of this race **** and they got alot of ya'll ****** falling for the ********. If you're a political commentator looking to make a name for yourself...press that Race button and you're on your way. Even if it's a reach.

Maybe. Also might just motivate more young black kids playing with their friends to put in work and get in the league.

A devout black Muslim with an African mother is the best paid player in the world and one of the faces of soccer worldwide. I feel like majority of people seeing it purely as a negative portrayal are black Americans which kinda shows how we're conditioned here. **** crazy.

That is it. I cant speak for all but most Africans wouldnt take this the way Black Americans are here in the US and NT. I can see why the predator ad is deemed offensive but I wouldnt agree that it is.

Nobody's ******* saying the hoodie itself is racist. Someone can scribble the N word on a table and it doesn't make the table racist. It's the context and the fact H&M letting it "slip".
Swedish company so not even surprised. **** this dumb world and **** H&M

Snapchat-498648775.jpg

Got this for Christmas. I wonder if they can cash me out?

Back
Top Bottom