H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

There should be no place here for the gross ignorance you continuously pedal or your general ineptitude and lack of insight, but we all gotta deal. Sack up.

im not gonna get into this with you but suffice to say despite how you feel about me posting a video you didnt like, ive posted a lot more than that

i dont know who you are to truly go back and forth over "well what have you done?" but i know ive given ppl information that they didnt know before

here ill even contribute to the likes you were looking by confronting the evil hand2handking

The Pogba **** is a massive reach.

I'm sorry.

That was a PRE-EXISTING line of shoes that Adidas has been putting out. David Beckham has his own model in the Predator collection.

There are alot of opportunists on both sides of this race **** and they got alot of ya'll *****s falling for the bull****. If you're a political commentator looking to make a name for yourself...press that Race button and you're on your way. Even if it's a reach.

again its not about 20 years of sneakers or none of that ****

its a black man scowling with the word predator in red thats the issue

seasoned vet seasoned vet sfc415 sfc415

yall taking off on this dude?

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 8.18.56 AM.png

like yall keep calling it a reach but aint it better to reach and maybe be wrong than to let some **** slide cuz lord forbid you reach

or those that say "it takes away from real instances"

like how? so when something "real" happens ppl say "oh no i cant get outraged now cuz i reached last week" :rolleyes

So if he were smiling from ear to ear and Predator is was big bubbly baby blue letters that would have been better huh?

yea yea yea seeking clarification when you thought you had me in a spot

now its no dog in the fight

and i i didnt double down i amended my comments to not reflect the entirety of the asian populations

but ppl would rather harp on that than on the asians here in america who like dude said adore and admire

we cant talk about them right?

So if he were smiling from ear to ear and Predator is was big bubbly baby blue letters that would have been better huh?

yea it would have been the exact opposite of this ad

but keep pretending like there isnt a historical legacy of portraying black men as monsters so adidas can continue to make money

I feel you, but can I ask you to be honest? If he would have been smiling and the font/color of the word "predator" was different, would you not have an issue with it?

The Pogba **** is a massive reach.

I'm sorry.

That was a PRE-EXISTING line of shoes that Adidas has been putting out. David Beckham has his own model in the Predator collection.

There are alot of opportunists on both sides of this race **** and they got alot of ya'll *****s falling for the bull****. If you're a political commentator looking to make a name for yourself...press that Race button and you're on your way. Even if it's a reach.

My friend brought this up and its funny its on here as well. SUPER reach.

Maybe if they had the cleats on the poster and/or an action shot of him playing in the background.

I don't really see much of a problem with the Pogba Predator ad. That Adidas shoe line has been in existence before him. Pogba is easily one of the most marketable football players in the whole world right now and they decided to go with a sort of menacing "predator" theme. With the stripes on the right side, Pogba's facial expression, ...
I'd have to see the previous ads for the Predator line to get a better idea. When I think of the word "predator" I'm thinking of something cool and threatening, the Predator movies, ... while others may be more reminded of that same term being used to disparage black people. "Super predators" for example.

Maybe if they had the cleats on the poster and/or an action shot of him playing in the background.

This ad is just one many in the ad campaign. Adidas actually shot a pretty dope short film/commercial with Pogba as part of the ad campaign. Not to mention the commercials like this one:

I think the disconnect is between people who know the athlete, soccer and the brand and those who don't.

Attachments

• mkD2HXcN1Uui.jpg
    mkD2HXcN1Uui.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 9
this
5a5452aed104a.webp

vs this

Paul-Pogba-Football3651 copy.jpg

but nah theres no difference right?

you dont perceive these as different right?
Nah I perceive them as different, but I still find neither distasteful.
Like I said before. The youth in this country play all kinds of sports and Adidas is big. I think they would put the big Adidas logo at the top and Pogba (or any athlete) together and figure it's a sports ad vs A scowling African American and the word "predator" and thinking something negative.

I don't really see much of a problem with the Pogba Predator ad. That Adidas shoe line has been in existence before him. Pogba is easily one of the most marketable football players in the whole world right now and they decided to go with a sort of menacing "predator" theme. With the stripes on the right side, Pogba's facial expression, ...
I'd have to see the previous ads for the Predator line to get a better idea. When I think of the word "predator" I'm thinking of something cool and threatening, the Predator movies, ... while others may be more reminded of that same term being used to disparage black people. "Super predators" for example.

Can we talk about this Hillary Clinton "super predators" thing? I've linked to the source material on youtube. She never said black men are super predators. She said gang members are super predators, unless you're assuming she means that only black men are part of gangs. I'm still not Hillary's biggest fan but, it has always confused me how many people believe the "Hillary Clinton called black men super predators" story. It's kinda like the made up "Tommy Hilfiger doesn't want black people to wear this clothes story". Enough people believe it and eventually its the truth.

Maybe I'm missing some of the coded language though

this
5a5452aed104a.webp

vs this

Paul-Pogba-Football3651 copy.jpg

but nah theres no difference right?

you dont perceive these as different right?

:rofl::rofl:

You can't be serious.

People like you undermine real advocacy for social awareness and reform with ******** like this.

I got a homie that's one of the top trainers in the world right now

http://instagram.com/lethalshooter

I'm gonna go tell him he should change his name because people might see a dark skinned black man and "Lethal shooter" and get the wrong idea.

Back
Top Bottom