non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

If I was black, maybe I'd hate Tyler Perry's work.
If I was white, maybe I'd hate Uwe Boll's work.
I'm Asian, so I hate M. Night's work.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

If M.Night ever makes a live-action movie based on the family of Apu from the Simpsons and over exaggerates everything,then that's similar to most of Tyler Perry's movies. M.Night has just made bad movies except for 3.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

If M.Night ever makes a live-action movie based on the family of Apu from the Simpsons and over exaggerates everything,then that's similar to most of Tyler Perry's movies. M.Night has just made bad movies except for 3.

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by ekon one

Originally Posted by raptors29

Naw! We knew it wasn't "real" on Chappelle's Show... 
notsureifsrs
The Mad Real World, Tyrone Biggums, and so much more ****ery and buffoonery on his part during that series. 

Bruh, Dave left the show BECAUSE he realized what he was doing. Pretty much a real life Bamboozled. Spike Lee can take that to the bank
^ I don't know about y'all, but I read that as satirical. There is a fine line between satirical comedy and exploiting black people. I don't think Dave Chappelle did that at all. I've watched his standup before the show and the show is right on line with how he tells his jokes. I guess some people can't tell the difference between the two.
Yeah, I guess you couldn't tell the difference.

Originally Posted by beh235

notsureifsrs
The Mad Real World, Tyrone Biggums, and so much more ****ery and buffoonery on his part during that series. 

Bruh, Dave left the show BECAUSE he realized what he was doing. Pretty much a real life Bamboozled. Spike Lee can take that to the bank
^ I don't know about y'all, but I read that as satirical. There is a fine line between satirical comedy and exploiting black people. I don't think Dave Chappelle did that at all. I've watched his standup before the show and the show is right on line with how he tells his jokes. I guess some people can't tell the difference between the two.
Yeah, I guess you couldn't tell the difference.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

notsureifsrs

add to that list
the N!##@! Family

The Racial Draft

The Reparations skit

World Series Of Dice

and the Mad Real World skit was overflowing with stereotypes 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and why do cats keep coming in here saying dude is taking advantage of his audience 

like they saw his movies against there will many directors find there niche and stick with it

Wes Craven -for horror fans

Micheal Bay - something is blowing up in his movies

Micheal Moore - Politics 

and so on dude cant be exempt just because many (not all directors do the same thing when they find their main audience 
Chappelle lampooned sterotypes (as well as provided social commentary), he didn't perpetuate or support them in the manner Tyler Perry does to gain an audience.

And I know every entertainment medium caters to a certain demographic. My main problem with Tyler Perry is that he's an unfunny, untalented hack who can't write a decent script to save his life.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

notsureifsrs

add to that list
the N!##@! Family

The Racial Draft

The Reparations skit

World Series Of Dice

and the Mad Real World skit was overflowing with stereotypes 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and why do cats keep coming in here saying dude is taking advantage of his audience 

like they saw his movies against there will many directors find there niche and stick with it

Wes Craven -for horror fans

Micheal Bay - something is blowing up in his movies

Micheal Moore - Politics 

and so on dude cant be exempt just because many (not all directors do the same thing when they find their main audience 
Chappelle lampooned sterotypes (as well as provided social commentary), he didn't perpetuate or support them in the manner Tyler Perry does to gain an audience.

And I know every entertainment medium caters to a certain demographic. My main problem with Tyler Perry is that he's an unfunny, untalented hack who can't write a decent script to save his life.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

He's an untalented hack who can't write his way out of a paper bag. Plain and simple. He supports every negative stereotype of African Americans in his garbage Madea movies and sitcoms. And then he turns around and craps out feel-good "positive" movies that are legitimately awful.

And because he has the Oprah seal of approval, there's no limit to the damage he can do with his no-talent hack abilities.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i seen one of his movies, and i felt embarrassed for ya...i wonder how white people feel watching these movies?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

He's an untalented hack who can't write his way out of a paper bag. Plain and simple. He supports every negative stereotype of African Americans in his garbage Madea movies and sitcoms. And then he turns around and craps out feel-good "positive" movies that are legitimately awful.

And because he has the Oprah seal of approval, there's no limit to the damage he can do with his no-talent hack abilities.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i seen one of his movies, and i felt embarrassed for ya...i wonder how white people feel watching these movies?

Originally Posted by LDJ

Its the fact that he has limited his talents to ONLY making films of this nature. It be like if stephen kings body of work was all based on or similiar to The Shawshank Redemption . In his earlier works, mainly live plays, he had a diverse subject matter. And his plays sold out nationwide and did very well. It was once he created the Madea playscreen, and it exceeded far more then any of his previous works, he decided to ride it out to the wheels falls off.
This is my only problem with Tyler Perry. Instead of expanding his work he's continuing to create weird stories with dysfunctional families and extremely exaggerated scenarios. It's time for him to get away from that and stop milking Madea. But really though I don't watch his movies for real messages that I can catch and articulate in discussions to others what was meant by it and feel so much more aware than the average viewer or to feel that he uplifted my community. I simply watch to be entertained.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Its the fact that he has limited his talents to ONLY making films of this nature. It be like if stephen kings body of work was all based on or similiar to The Shawshank Redemption . In his earlier works, mainly live plays, he had a diverse subject matter. And his plays sold out nationwide and did very well. It was once he created the Madea playscreen, and it exceeded far more then any of his previous works, he decided to ride it out to the wheels falls off.
This is my only problem with Tyler Perry. Instead of expanding his work he's continuing to create weird stories with dysfunctional families and extremely exaggerated scenarios. It's time for him to get away from that and stop milking Madea. But really though I don't watch his movies for real messages that I can catch and articulate in discussions to others what was meant by it and feel so much more aware than the average viewer or to feel that he uplifted my community. I simply watch to be entertained.

I saw about 15 minutes of Diary of a Mad Black Woman and found it boring, so I've never had an interest in seeing another movie by Tyler Perry. Since I haven't really watched one all the way through, I don't think I can say anything further about them.

I saw about 15 minutes of Diary of a Mad Black Woman and found it boring, so I've never had an interest in seeing another movie by Tyler Perry. Since I haven't really watched one all the way through, I don't think I can say anything further about them.

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
You must be black. I find that World Star Hip Hop is far more damaging to "the black community" than Tyler Perry is. What is this black community that you speak of? There seems to be hardly any community amongsts black people these days. You get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way in certain hoods. You're saying he's taking advantage of the black audience as though black people have no mind fro themselves and are being duped into going to see his films. If his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast you should give him credit. Hollywood isn't hiring black actors for leading rolls like that , these actors have to eat. He's not making movies like "Soul Plane" and "Three Strikes." His movies try to have a message and they are funny. He is targeting a certain demographic and it is working. Not all black people are like the huxtables I'm sure you know. What's wrong with showing the comedic side of blacks to the world? His character's arent minstrel like to me. They're comedic and they're getting PAID. You seem to be too concerned about what non-whites may think and trust me sites like WSHH already have non-paid blacks behaving like minstrels without the aid of Tyler Perry.
would that make my opinion less important? for the record, im not black. ill give you a hint to what i am ... MECKS
i never said its damaging to the black community. i said hes taking advantage of the community, s in his black audience.

sounds like you are being racist, sir.

WSHH is more prominent than a distribution deal through lionsgate 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

show me one video on world star hip hop that 70 million people have seen.

world star hip hop and tyler perry do not belong in the same sentence. he "creates" content, while WSHH exploits it.

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
You must be black. I find that World Star Hip Hop is far more damaging to "the black community" than Tyler Perry is. What is this black community that you speak of? There seems to be hardly any community amongsts black people these days. You get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way in certain hoods. You're saying he's taking advantage of the black audience as though black people have no mind fro themselves and are being duped into going to see his films. If his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast you should give him credit. Hollywood isn't hiring black actors for leading rolls like that , these actors have to eat. He's not making movies like "Soul Plane" and "Three Strikes." His movies try to have a message and they are funny. He is targeting a certain demographic and it is working. Not all black people are like the huxtables I'm sure you know. What's wrong with showing the comedic side of blacks to the world? His character's arent minstrel like to me. They're comedic and they're getting PAID. You seem to be too concerned about what non-whites may think and trust me sites like WSHH already have non-paid blacks behaving like minstrels without the aid of Tyler Perry.
would that make my opinion less important? for the record, im not black. ill give you a hint to what i am ... MECKS
i never said its damaging to the black community. i said hes taking advantage of the community, s in his black audience.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

world star hip hop and tyler perry do not belong in the same sentence. he "creates" content, while WSHH exploits it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

yeah. i quoted myself
what does this clip tell you ? 

1. All black men only want sex.

2. They cant speak english correctly

3. They are obnoxious and loud.

4. They dont have jobs

5. They eat hot sauce with everything

6. They are disrespectful

7. They all want to be rappers

hey but thats funny, and it sends a message huh?

Back
Top Bottom