non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

Originally Posted by ekon one

Originally Posted by raptors29

I think Dave Chappelle did more to hurt the Black community then Tyler Perry ever can or will

Naw! We knew it wasn't "real" on Chappelle's Show... 
notsureifsrs
The Mad Real World, Tyrone Biggums, and so much more ****ery and buffoonery on his part during that series. 

Bruh, Dave left the show BECAUSE he realized what he was doing. Pretty much a real life Bamboozled. Spike Lee can take that to the bank
This guy is kind of right.  White people don't watch Tyler Perry, white people don't care about Tyler Perry.  IF the concern with these types of programs is how it promulgates your culture on a national/global scale than I'd say Chapelle Show in a way was a bigger negative threat cause it was a program that was observed by a multitude of cultures and ethnicity's.  White people love them some Chapelle show.  I would know.  But the difference is a lot of them don't know how to disassociate Tron, Rick James and Tyrone Biggums from actual black society.  Dude is right, that is why Chapelle left, he felt the show becoming a parody of its actual original intent.

I think Dave Chappelle did more to hurt the Black community then Tyler Perry ever can or will

notsureifsrs
The Mad Real World, Tyrone Biggums, and so much more ****ery and buffoonery on his part during that series. 

Bruh, Dave left the show BECAUSE he realized what he was doing. Pretty much a real life Bamboozled. Spike Lee can take that to the bank
This guy is kind of right.  White people don't watch Tyler Perry, white people don't care about Tyler Perry.  IF the concern with these types of programs is how it promulgates your culture on a national/global scale than I'd say Chapelle Show in a way was a bigger negative threat cause it was a program that was observed by a multitude of cultures and ethnicity's.  White people love them some Chapelle show.  I would know.  But the difference is a lot of them don't know how to disassociate Tron, Rick James and Tyrone Biggums from actual black society.  Dude is right, that is why Chapelle left, he felt the show becoming a parody of its actual original intent.

notsureifsrs

^ I don't know about y'all, but I read that as satirical. There is a fine line between satirical comedy and exploiting black people. I don't think Dave Chappelle did that at all. I've watched his standup before the show and the show is right on line with how he tells his jokes. I guess some people can't tell the difference between the two.

notsureifsrs

^ I don't know about y'all, but I read that as satirical. There is a fine line between satirical comedy and exploiting black people. I don't think Dave Chappelle did that at all. I've watched his standup before the show and the show is right on line with how he tells his jokes. I guess some people can't tell the difference between the two.

i wouldn't mind t perry if his stereotypes were atleast funny. i can always have a good laugh at stereotypes when executed well, but dude just tthrows them in there for the sake of having htem. they add nothing to the shows or movies i saw. dave chappelle *@@%% on tyler perry.

i wouldn't mind t perry if his stereotypes were atleast funny. i can always have a good laugh at stereotypes when executed well, but dude just tthrows them in there for the sake of having htem. they add nothing to the shows or movies i saw. dave chappelle *@@%% on tyler perry.

notsureifsrs

Great point. It would be hard for someone to dispute this.

In the Mad Real World skit, he had the white guy get stabbed by a black guy while in the house. 
laugh.gif

add to that list
the N!##@! Family
The Racial Draft
The Reparations skit
World Series Of Dice
and the Mad Real World skit was overflowing with stereotypes

"Goodbye fried rice, hello fried chicken."

You would be lying to yourself, if you said nothing was wrong with Chappelle's use of stereotypes and discredited Tyler Perry at the same time.

notsureifsrs

Great point. It would be hard for someone to dispute this.

In the Mad Real World skit, he had the white guy get stabbed by a black guy while in the house. 
laugh.gif

add to that list
the N!##@! Family
The Racial Draft
The Reparations skit
World Series Of Dice
and the Mad Real World skit was overflowing with stereotypes

"Goodbye fried rice, hello fried chicken."

You would be lying to yourself, if you said nothing was wrong with Chappelle's use of stereotypes and discredited Tyler Perry at the same time.

i gotta agree Dave Chappelle is as much as fualt as tyler perry just cause he took to another extreme when making the jokes which made it
funnier then most of perrys material doesnt mean hes wasnt explioting the same thing tyler is,,

i gotta agree Dave Chappelle is as much as fualt as tyler perry just cause he took to another extreme when making the jokes which made it
funnier then most of perrys material doesnt mean hes wasnt explioting the same thing tyler is,,

I don't think he is funny at all. He puts out an image that is not positive. I saw an article which I'm looking for as to little male kids of african decent dressing up in their sister and mothers clothes to be like him. As I see it now he is nothing positive to the community that he supports.

But as always to each their own. I think Carlos Mencia is funny but then again he steals jokes from what they say and hes all racist jokes so yeah...

I don't think he is funny at all. He puts out an image that is not positive. I saw an article which I'm looking for as to little male kids of african decent dressing up in their sister and mothers clothes to be like him. As I see it now he is nothing positive to the community that he supports.

But as always to each their own. I think Carlos Mencia is funny but then again he steals jokes from what they say and hes all racist jokes so yeah...

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

+1

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

+1

if i was black id be mad at him ... but because im white, i just laugh and keep it moving ...

if you base any of your life decisions or perceptions on a movie, you need Jesus on Easter ...

if i was black id be mad at him ... but because im white, i just laugh and keep it moving ...

if you base any of your life decisions or perceptions on a movie, you need Jesus on Easter ...

he makes typical "black films" with typical "black stereotypes". im asian btw.

his movies are entertaining to some extent but when other black creative minds/directors make movies where they step out of the typical "black film" genre, its much more interesting to see because its not soo much expected. when tyler perry put out a movie i think "oh another movie with madea, relationship drama..etc." but when spike lee puts out a movie i think the total opposite.

he makes typical "black films" with typical "black stereotypes". im asian btw.

his movies are entertaining to some extent but when other black creative minds/directors make movies where they step out of the typical "black film" genre, its much more interesting to see because its not soo much expected. when tyler perry put out a movie i think "oh another movie with madea, relationship drama..etc." but when spike lee puts out a movie i think the total opposite.

Back
Top Bottom