***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I agree but people are just doing the whole nose outside the mask thing anyways. I’ll probably continue wearing a mask for a while.
I’m at the point now where if you want to get vaccinated please do ASAP. Everyone else, ya get what ya get. The safety measures implemented now don’t do anything because half the people don’t follow them

Agreed. I don’t feel bad for people who get covid anymore and who haven’t been vaccinated. It’s on you. Everyone in my work group and my close friends have all been vaccinated. The ones who haven’t are MAGAs who are just spewing dumb ****. If I were to lose them I wouldn’t even feel bad because it’s based on their own stupidity.

Agreed. I don’t feel bad for people who get covid anymore and who haven’t been vaccinated. It’s on you. Everyone in my work group and my close friends have all been vaccinated. The ones who haven’t are MAGAs who are just spewing dumb ****. If I were to lose them I wouldn’t even feel bad because it’s based on their own stupidity.
Yup. Call me what you want. If at this point you aren’t vaccinated then 🤷🏽‍♂️

20210513_074007.jpg
This is total hyperbole.
reduced capacity, lockdowns, and travel restrictions are all reasons why companies couldn’t afford to keep employees on payroll.
states were vilified for not imposing restrictions and once they did it led to layoffs due to reduced business.
Now all these people are receiving money they didn’t earn and are upset when they are asked to go back to the very same jobs their talent and skill level got them before the pandemic and it’s not enough. You want companies to fork out more money even though business isn’t back to normal.
NEWS FLASH!!!!
Not every job is intended to earn a livable wage. Typically you will earn less if you’re inexperienced, didn’t take school seriously, can’t learn and adapt, continuously late, call in repeatedly, do a poor job, need continuous instruction. Some jobs are meant to be temporary to develop skills for a higher paying job.

high earning jobs that don’t cost any money to learn.
Electrician
Plumber
Carpenter
Boilermaker
Painter
Machinist
All these jobs easily pay 70k and require nothing higher than a high school diploma and effort.

This is total hyperbole.
reduced capacity, lockdowns, and travel restrictions are all reasons why companies couldn’t afford to keep employees on payroll.
states were vilified for not imposing restrictions and once they did it led to layoffs due to reduced business.
Now all these people are receiving money they didn’t earn and are upset when they are asked to go back to the very same jobs their talent and skill level got them before the pandemic and it’s not enough. You want companies to fork out more money even though business isn’t back to normal.
NEWS FLASH!!!!
Not every job is intended to earn a livable wage. Typically you will earn less if you’re inexperienced, didn’t take school seriously, can’t learn and adapt, continuously late, call in repeatedly, do a poor job, need continuous instruction. Some jobs are meant to be temporary to develop skills for a higher paying job.

Electrician
Plumber
Carpenter
Boilermaker
Painter
Machinist
All these jobs easily pay 70k and require nothing higher than a high school diploma and effort.
1620934599183.gif

Man, it's not just MAGAs. I matched with this fine sista on Tinder a couple days ago who was getting her Masters, had a good job and seemed to have her head on straight. On Tuesday I mentioned getting my second shot and she recommended resting and lots of water so I assumed she was speaking from experience. Turns out she wasn't vaccinated at all and when I asked if she was anti-vax she told me "I'm not anti-vaccine. I just heard some not playing stories from primary and secondary sources in black women and men." I naturally asked what she heard and got "Too much to type"
at_a_loss_for_words_obama.gif

I thought the vaccine episode from the new Michael Che show was funny but turns out that **** is reality :smh: :lol:

Man, it's not just MAGAs. I matched with this fine sista on Tinder a couple days ago who was getting her Masters, had a good job and seemed to have her head on straight. On Tuesday I mentioned getting my second shot and she recommended resting and lots of water so I assumed she was speaking from experience. Turns out she wasn't vaccinated at all and when I asked if she was anti-vax she told me "I'm not anti-vaccine. I just heard some not playing stories from primary and secondary sources in black women and men." I naturally asked what she heard and got "Too much to type"
at_a_loss_for_words_obama.gif

I thought the vaccine episode from the new Michael Che show was funny but turns out that **** is reality :smh: :lol:
Yeah you’re right on the money. All of a sudden everyone is a medical expert and the cdc is out to get us. It’s not just maga people. The “free thinkers” are just as bad. Same with the “I heard from ............” group. Either way, I know I’m good and the people I care about are good. Really don’t care about anyone else if we want to be honest. Not enough to drive me into a deep depression 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Yeah you’re right on the money. All of a sudden everyone is a medical expert and the cdc is out to get us. It’s not just maga people. The “free thinkers” are just as bad. Same with the “I heard from ............” group. Either way, I know I’m good and the people I are about are good. Really don’t care about anyone else if we want to be honest. Not enough to drive me into a deep depression
I didn't hear the full conversation but I think something similar was going on at the barbershop. I couldn't tell if they were complaining but they were discussing how employers, bars, etc. will start to mandate vax cards soon. I don't think that's legal (health and policy experts please chime in) but those are the types of conversations people are having. Just get the damn shot and ESPECIALLY if you don't make sure your mask is over your nose and you socially distance. It's been a year so people are thinking it's sweet out here :smh:

This is total hyperbole.
NEWS FLASH!!!!

Electrician
Plumber
Carpenter
Boilermaker
Painter
Machinist
You have to be a troll, because I refuse to accept someone can be this full of ****.

Remember, dude still needs to answer for this...

yes I own rental property.

So let me get this straight!
we are in a pandemic and I’m constantly being bombarded with Americans need help....even though the same demographic refuses to get vaccinated are those in the most need since losing their jobs.
You want me as a tax payer to continuously sign off on all this “free money” to help people who won’t help themselves get back to work.

You tell me I make too much money to possibly need any assistance, but expect me to go out with a pandemic in place everyday to earn my living, to pay my mortgage, and keep food on my table while risk getting COVID. Where’s the exceptions for high earning essential workers?
I’m an electrical engineer in the energy ind
If I stay home you won’t have electricity.
Where’s my tax relief?
Guess I should just be happy I worked my butt off to get here and earned my life.

now I look at all these jobs created in Leisure and Hospitality which are directly connected to eating out, vacations, and entertainment. Who’s spending this money? By sheer numbers it can’t be singles above 75k and couples making over 160k.

it’s time to stop handing out money and open the country back up! Clearly people are spending money outside of home necessities. You realize we didn’t even have a flu season this year. How? When is that last time that happened? I’m all for helping those less fortunate especially children and elderly but there has to be a limit. Does Biden even have a plan other than another round of stimulus money?
I’ve always defended welfare because i feel it has its place, but this is paying people not to work who refuse to get a vaccine so they can work.

Who is this demographic?

This is total hyperbole.
NEWS FLASH!!!!

Electrician
Plumber
Carpenter
Boilermaker
Painter
Machinist
People are receiving money they didn't earn? Where the **** do you think that money came from?

Typically you will earn less because companies will pay you the absolute bare minimum they have to.

I've worked with a lot of people that have these same hot takes and it's hilarious because they are always the worst employees.

I’m so confused :lol:

Don't be. While nationwide preclearance is a good thing, the dude ultimately is full of ****.

Manchin is saying he wants a Voting Rights bill that can get 10 Republicans when Republicans already are against voting rights, then he acts as if they will be for something that might them get around one of the most consequential Supreme Court rulings that have helped them rig elections in their favor.

Even Mitch McConnell knows Manchin is talking just to talk...

Back
Top Bottom