***Official Political Discussion Thread***

40B34877-BC5D-4F77-A9D8-DEFBA19FD30D.gif

What do you make of Barr's intentions given the following facts?

-Barr unequivocally lied about Berman, who then released a statement denying Barr's lie. Berman's statement emphasized that the office's most important cases would continue under his leadership and specifically added that they would not be impeded.
-In a position overseeing high profile investigations of Trump associates, Barr tried to install a replacement with zero experience as a federal prosecutor.
-Barr said he "wanted the opportunity to choose" a replacement
-Barr has given no explanation for his actions

Just so that I understand your question, are you accepting everything Berman says as unequivocally true?

Because it sounds like you are saying Berman's statement makes Barr's a lie.

Just so I understand how your logic is flowing.

He did not hold elected office prior to 2017.

You citing running as a candidate for the "reform party" in 2000 (as experience) is silly

50 years seems like significant experience at being a racist.. doh

no wonder he can pull out the random nazi imagery and language at the drop of a hat

Why the hell do you even respond to dwalk? I get that it’s good to talk to the other side but jeez just ignore him

I come here for the comedy and info. But like 80 percent of the thread is people responding to him. He probably loves it

Just so that I understand your question, are you accepting everything Berman says as unequivocally true?

Because it sounds like you are saying Berman's statement makes Barr's a lie.

Just so I understand how your logic is flowing.
Obviously Berman's statement makes Barr's statement a lie. Barr knew that Berman wasn't resigning at the time he claimed Berman resigned.
Berman had no intention of resigning at that time and learned from Barr's press release that he had supposedly resigned.

Last edited:
Barr's statement doesn't make Berman's statement a lie?
No. Barr's additional statement just further proves he was lying about Berman's supposed resignation.
When Barr announced Berman's resignation, nothing whatsoever backed up that claim. It was demonstrably false and Berman quickly called him out for it. Berman's statement is supported by the reality that he clearly hadn't resigned when Barr made that claim.

No. Barr's additional statement just further proves he was lying.
When Barr announced Berman's resignation, nothing whatsoever backed up that claim. It was demonstrably false and Berman quickly called him out for it.

It seems that you are taking one statement as true, and that is coloring your analysis.

I agree that someone was either lying, mistaken or misunderstood the situation.

But I don't think it is nearly as clear as you are letting on.

It seems like a miscommunication to me.

But that doesn't matter as much as the implication that his firing somehow hinders the investigation on Trump--it doesn't.

It seems that you are taking one statement as true, and that is coloring your analysis.

I agree that someone was either lying, mistaken or misunderstood the situation.

But I don't think it is nearly as clear as you are letting on.

It seems like a miscommunication to me.

But that doesn't matter as much as the implication that his firing somehow hinders the investigation on Trump--it doesn't.
In order for Barr's statement to be true, Berman would've had to resign prior to or around the time Barr made the announcement.
There clearly was no such resignation, that's an undisputed fact. Thus Berman's statement is truthful.
In his subsequent actions and statement, Barr effectively conceded that his announcement of Berman's supposed resignation wasn't true.

Even if Berman never issued that statement, Barr's announcement would still be demonstrably false.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom