***Official Political Discussion Thread***

No matter who wins the Presidency, I always like to see the opposing party win the senate so if the President is the same party affiliation as the Senate he can just push through whatever B.S he wants... as corrupt as it is, it's the closest "real" thing to bipartisan.. 
familiarize yourself with the term filibuster. the republicans have used it 400 times during the past 4 years.

Last edited:
Damn Obama only up 50 K in early voting in Florida. Not good

It sounds like we are going to be 2000 status tonight

Last edited:
SBNation tweet had me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Obama goes on a wild 61-7 run and suddenly leads Romney, 64-40, per CNN. Romney takes a TO--can they rebound?"

I am very familiar with it.. again, I said it wasn't PERFECT.. please, reread my comment.. 
please reconcile for me the purpose of a filibuster and 'if a President is the same party affiliation as the Senate he can just pass through whatever B.S. he wants...'

they fly in the face of each other and the reality of the filibuster in the present-day senate would explain why obama has had a tough time pushing anything through capitol hill. again, i repeat: 400+ filibusters in the senate in the past 4 years.

Last edited:
georgia 
tired.gif

obviously i'm not surprised though.

All these numbers coming in now with either Romney having a big electoral lead and then Obama having a big lead means nothing. There are only a few states that matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom