***Official Political Discussion Thread***

that goal post move...where in my comments i said da left "created identity politics?" :lol:
Is this your new tactic

Say baffoonery, when some calls out the implications, you wanna play dumb.

And for someone that was making up historical facts a couple days ago, and his defense was "well the gist of my argument was....", you are really in no place to take objection

So what do you believe? Do you believe that this neo-nazism that we see today is a response to identity politics from the left?

some extreme identity politics from da far left is definitely helping da fueling da current upsurge in millennial recruits to these arcane far right institutions.

most normal people are dismissive of da propaganda from both sides.

Don't most Dominicans worship and honor their colonizers?

DSC_9015-427x640.jpg

Monument to the sculptor
In honor of the great admiral
Don Cristobal Colon
Discoverer of the new world
First viceroy and governor
from America
Made by the artist
Ernesto Gilbert
Inaugurated on February 27

Bronze statue of Columbus, pointing northward, and a native Taino climbing up to reach him. According to an other description the native Taino is the Cacica, Anacaona, the first Indian to learn to read and write. Anacaona was captured in an act of trickery whereby her village was burned and all the inhabitants slaughtered by troops under the command of Nicolas de Ovando, then Governor of Santo Domingo. Ovando was under orders by Columbus to wipe out the remaining unsubjugated Tainos who were beginning to rebel against the Spanish. Anacaona was subsequently hung in a public square in Santo Domingo

many cultures/societies have changed names and taken other actions to disavow some aspects of their history

Americans don't do that, and to top it off, that first amendment is there so fringe groups can spew vomit all they want.

baseball teams can't even change their logos/colors without huge backlashes :lol:

changing/sanitizing history doesn't change da fact that history happened, ol girl from BLM said it best.

"Power and equality
And we're out to get it
I know some of you ain't with it
This party started right in '66
With a pro-Black radical mix
Then at the hour of twelve
Some force cut the power and emerged from hell
It was your so called government that made this occur
Like the grafted devils they were."

DSC_9015-427x640.jpg

Monument to the sculptor
In honor of the great admiral
Don Cristobal Colon
Discoverer of the new world
First viceroy and governor
from America
Made by the artist
Ernesto Gilbert
Inaugurated on February 27

harlemtothebronx likes this

Christopher Columbus statue welcomed in Puerto Rico after US cities rejected it
Zurab Tsereteli’s The Birth of the New World is 45ft taller than the Statue of Liberty and was turned down by Columbus, New York, Boston and Miami

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-columbus-statue-puerto-rico-zurab-tsereteli

I ain't low rican...hell your island is still a territory. :lol:

Christopher Columbus statue welcomed in Puerto Rico after US cities rejected it
Zurab Tsereteli’s The Birth of the New World is 45ft taller than the Statue of Liberty and was turned down by Columbus, New York, Boston and Miami

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-columbus-statue-puerto-rico-zurab-tsereteli

I ain't low rican...hell your island is still a territory. :lol:

What’s your point?

I genuinely don’t know why you picked out one of my likes and created a narrative that offended you around it.

You’re budgged, dude.

I think theres a difference between changing the past and trying to go back to the past.

a monument isn't a finish line, is a check mark.

da slippery slope argument stands cuz at da end of da day, America was built with good and bad aspects, can't just cherry pick da past, cuz its never gonna end.

peep this.

Jefferson monument next? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom