The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by ill steelo

They're only 2% off in the BRI. We'll start sometime in December.
That's the optimist point of view. I don't think we can "assess" when they will get a deal done. It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be in 3 weeks, a month, 3 months, etc. All depends on the owners and their willingness to actually negotiate with this BRI.

That's the optimist point of view. I don't think we can "assess" when they will get a deal done. It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be in 3 weeks, a month, 3 months, etc. All depends on the owners and their willingness to actually negotiate with this BRI.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Their minds are already made up.  Either take the 50% or the deals will continually get worse as time drags on
tired.gif

Their minds are already made up.  Either take the 50% or the deals will continually get worse as time drags on
tired.gif

Apparently the NBA's cba gag order doesn't apply to the NBA league office.

The NBA has opened an official, verified Twitter account -- @NBA_Labor -- to add their message to the labor discussion during the ongoing lockout. The account's profile promises to provide "Collective Bargaining news and facts directly from the NBA office."

On Wednesday, the account sent a message to Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva and Oklahoma City Thunder center Nazr Mohammed to dispute their understanding of the revenue split.

"Owners last proposal was a 50/50 equal split of BRI, the agreed-upon revenue share between the league & players," the message read. The National Basketball Players Association disputes that the owners offered a true 50/50 split because of the deductions taken off prior to the splitting process.

The NBA's official account then retweeted the message to its more than 3 million followers.

Mohammed replied: "Don't tweet me during this lockout! Isn't that a fine or something lol?!?! #NBALockout That's hilarious! I can't workout at our team's facilities or have contact with coaches but @NBA_Labor & @NBA can harass me on twitter lol SMH"

nba1.png

nba5.png

nba3b.png

nba2t.png

Mickey Arison needs to appeal his fine and call David $tern out for this

The NBA has opened an official, verified Twitter account -- @NBA_Labor -- to add their message to the labor discussion during the ongoing lockout. The account's profile promises to provide "Collective Bargaining news and facts directly from the NBA office."

On Wednesday, the account sent a message to Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva and Oklahoma City Thunder center Nazr Mohammed to dispute their understanding of the revenue split.

"Owners last proposal was a 50/50 equal split of BRI, the agreed-upon revenue share between the league & players," the message read. The National Basketball Players Association disputes that the owners offered a true 50/50 split because of the deductions taken off prior to the splitting process.

The NBA's official account then retweeted the message to its more than 3 million followers.

Mohammed replied: "Don't tweet me during this lockout! Isn't that a fine or something lol?!?! #NBALockout That's hilarious! I can't workout at our team's facilities or have contact with coaches but @NBA_Labor & @NBA can harass me on twitter lol SMH"

nba1.png

nba5.png

nba3b.png

nba2t.png

Mickey Arison needs to appeal his fine and call David $tern out for this

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Ric Bucher said something about the small market owners wanting a system where their next Lebron James won't be able to dictate when he leaves and where he wants to go.

30t6p3b.gif

So a grown $## man can't decide where he wants to work after his contract ends ? even if he doesn't have control where he is drafted ? $#@! outta here man

Ric Bucher said something about the small market owners wanting a system where their next Lebron James won't be able to dictate when he leaves and where he wants to go.

30t6p3b.gif

So a grown $## man can't decide where he wants to work after his contract ends ? even if he doesn't have control where he is drafted ? $#@! outta here man

Originally Posted by you big dummy

God I hate the NBA
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

God I hate the NBA
30t6p3b.gif

I actually think the Twitter thing is funny. Big Brother is watching . . . and tweeting.

I actually think the Twitter thing is funny. Big Brother is watching . . . and tweeting.

It's not an optimist point of view. The league just had its most popular season since MJs last year with Chicago. Owners are at 50 with no MLE for teams in the luxury tax. players at 52 woth MLE for those teams. They've already virtually lost that 2% already by cancelling November. If the owners stand pat on their offer after the next meeting, hunter will probably have a player vote on the 50/50 and that'll settle it. We will have a season.

It's not an optimist point of view. The league just had its most popular season since MJs last year with Chicago. Owners are at 50 with no MLE for teams in the luxury tax. players at 52 woth MLE for those teams. They've already virtually lost that 2% already by cancelling November. If the owners stand pat on their offer after the next meeting, hunter will probably have a player vote on the 50/50 and that'll settle it. We will have a season.

That sounds about right.  That's pretty much their only recourse at this point.  Either that or the owners give them some leeway on the system issues and the players will take the 50%.

That sounds about right.  That's pretty much their only recourse at this point.  Either that or the owners give them some leeway on the system issues and the players will take the 50%.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

30t6p3b.gif

This is where the line has to be drawn. 

Back
Top Bottom