The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Ric Bucher said something about the small market owners wanting a system where their next Lebron James won't be able to dictate when he leaves and where he wants to go.

30t6p3b.gif

So a grown $## man can't decide where he wants to work after his contract ends ? even if he doesn't have control where he is drafted ? $#@! outta here man
This is where the line has to be drawn. 

@daldridgetnt
David Aldridge Mason, on union's exec committee, says perception that sides are just a couple % points from a deal is wrong. Says much to do on system.

Great. Really encouraging news.

@daldridgetnt
David Aldridge Mason, on union's exec committee, says perception that sides are just a couple % points from a deal is wrong. Says much to do on system.

Great. Really encouraging news.

makes complete sense

we claim that we are more informed these days with all the internet outlets but plain and simply we dont know what teh %%%! is going on. both pro players and pro owners fans

makes complete sense

we claim that we are more informed these days with all the internet outlets but plain and simply we dont know what teh %%%! is going on. both pro players and pro owners fans

Ric Bucher said something about the small market owners wanting a system where their next Lebron James won't be able to dictate when he leaves and where he wants to go.

30t6p3b.gif

So a grown $## man can't decide where he wants to work after his contract ends ? even if he doesn't have control where he is drafted ? $#@! outta here man

Then you wonder why dudes will bring up the analogy between the plantation overseer and his relationship with his slaves, and in this case the owners and players have reversed the roles.

30t6p3b.gif

Then you wonder why dudes will bring up the analogy between the plantation overseer and his relationship with his slaves, and in this case the owners and players have reversed the roles.

you can stick me in ohio for 7 mil a season

plantation stuff is just a bad analogy. and i am very pro player

you can stick me in ohio for 7 mil a season

plantation stuff is just a bad analogy. and i am very pro player

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Apparently the NBA's cba gag order doesn't apply to the NBA league office.

The NBA has opened an official, verified Twitter account -- @NBA_Labor -- to add their message to the labor discussion during the ongoing lockout. The account's profile promises to provide "Collective Bargaining news and facts directly from the NBA office."

On Wednesday, the account sent a message to Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva and Oklahoma City Thunder center Nazr Mohammed to dispute their understanding of the revenue split.

"Owners last proposal was a 50/50 equal split of BRI, the agreed-upon revenue share between the league & players," the message read. The National Basketball Players Association disputes that the owners offered a true 50/50 split because of the deductions taken off prior to the splitting process.

The NBA's official account then retweeted the message to its more than 3 million followers.

Mohammed replied: "Don't tweet me during this lockout! Isn't that a fine or something lol?!?! #NBALockout That's hilarious! I can't workout at our team's facilities or have contact with coaches but @NBA_Labor & @NBA can harass me on twitter lol SMH"

nba1.png

nba5.png

nba3b.png

nba2t.png

Mickey Arison needs to appeal his fine and call David $tern out for this

"Gag orders" don't apply to the players, there isn't a Collective Bargaining Agreement. They can say anything they want.

Player's Union is currently not affiliated with the NBA, the owners are the NBA and are bound to the rules Stern sets.

If it is true that Fisher tried to cut a "side deal" with the owners proves that players should not be involved in Collective Bargaining, that's why they voted to have Billy Hunter as their representative. Players aren't qualified to bargain, Billy Hunter is a trained attorney to handle this stuff. I believe they would have had a deal by now if the players weren't involved.

If it were up to me, I would let the 22 teams that aren't making profit go out of business and have a 8 team league that consists of the best players. No watered down talent pool, no need for salary caps, teams can expand their roster, and everyone makes a profit. Ratings would go through the roof because of the big markets putting on display the best players EVERY night.

Nobody wants to watch Derrick Rose and the Bulls play John Salmons and the Sacramento Kings or Andrew Bogut and the Milwaukee Bucks.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Apparently the NBA's cba gag order doesn't apply to the NBA league office.

The NBA has opened an official, verified Twitter account -- @NBA_Labor -- to add their message to the labor discussion during the ongoing lockout. The account's profile promises to provide "Collective Bargaining news and facts directly from the NBA office."

On Wednesday, the account sent a message to Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva and Oklahoma City Thunder center Nazr Mohammed to dispute their understanding of the revenue split.

"Owners last proposal was a 50/50 equal split of BRI, the agreed-upon revenue share between the league & players," the message read. The National Basketball Players Association disputes that the owners offered a true 50/50 split because of the deductions taken off prior to the splitting process.

The NBA's official account then retweeted the message to its more than 3 million followers.

Mohammed replied: "Don't tweet me during this lockout! Isn't that a fine or something lol?!?! #NBALockout That's hilarious! I can't workout at our team's facilities or have contact with coaches but @NBA_Labor & @NBA can harass me on twitter lol SMH"

nba1.png

nba5.png

nba3b.png

nba2t.png

Mickey Arison needs to appeal his fine and call David $tern out for this

"Gag orders" don't apply to the players, there isn't a Collective Bargaining Agreement. They can say anything they want.

Player's Union is currently not affiliated with the NBA, the owners are the NBA and are bound to the rules Stern sets.

If it is true that Fisher tried to cut a "side deal" with the owners proves that players should not be involved in Collective Bargaining, that's why they voted to have Billy Hunter as their representative. Players aren't qualified to bargain, Billy Hunter is a trained attorney to handle this stuff. I believe they would have had a deal by now if the players weren't involved.

If it were up to me, I would let the 22 teams that aren't making profit go out of business and have a 8 team league that consists of the best players. No watered down talent pool, no need for salary caps, teams can expand their roster, and everyone makes a profit. Ratings would go through the roof because of the big markets putting on display the best players EVERY night.

Nobody wants to watch Derrick Rose and the Bulls play John Salmons and the Sacramento Kings or Andrew Bogut and the Milwaukee Bucks.

Damn, didn't know when people thought of the Sacramento Kings they thought of John Salmons
ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

Damn, didn't know when people thought of the Sacramento Kings they thought of John Salmons
ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

this is the land of the bailout. the rich, connected people dont go out of business.

a 16 team NBA would be incredible product wise

stern has his way even more talent diluted with a European division.

this is the land of the bailout. the rich, connected people dont go out of business.

a 16 team NBA would be incredible product wise

stern has his way even more talent diluted with a European division.

i am fine with the kings. i used to root for them in the playoffs

fact is if you dont support the product when yoir team is trash than you shouldnt be propped up. knicks been trash plenty of times. people still went to games. i bet when chicao sucked they still had people going to games too/

we shouldn't be artificially making a business profitable. if you cant see the political comparisons anymore i dont know what to say. got these wealthy people, plenty of them pieces of %@++, convincing fans that this is about competitive balance when its about terrible management, nepotism, guaranteed profits AND guaranteed chips.

its funny at this point.

i am fine with the kings. i used to root for them in the playoffs

fact is if you dont support the product when yoir team is trash than you shouldnt be propped up. knicks been trash plenty of times. people still went to games. i bet when chicao sucked they still had people going to games too/

we shouldn't be artificially making a business profitable. if you cant see the political comparisons anymore i dont know what to say. got these wealthy people, plenty of them pieces of %@++, convincing fans that this is about competitive balance when its about terrible management, nepotism, guaranteed profits AND guaranteed chips.

its funny at this point.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

Sorry, bro.
laugh.gif

My team has JJ Redick, so we're even. I totally forgot about Tyreke, though.

I may be wrong, but I think Seattle had an empty arena when they were playing well. Can't compare big market teams to small market teams. Also, look at the 8 big big market teams. Arison, Dolan, Cuban, Buss. These guys are BILLIONAIRES. Owning these teams is a fun hobby to these guys, these teams aren't a means of profit. Arison = Carnival, Dolan = Cablevision/MSG, Cuban = HDTV, Buss = Real Estate (i think)

The millionaire owners are screwing everything up by having to be cheap. Trying to make a profit off a sports team is bad business.

ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

Sorry, bro.
laugh.gif

I may be wrong, but I think Seattle had an empty arena when they were playing well. Can't compare big market teams to small market teams. Also, look at the 8 big big market teams. Arison, Dolan, Cuban, Buss. These guys are BILLIONAIRES. Owning these teams is a fun hobby to these guys, these teams aren't a means of profit. Arison = Carnival, Dolan = Cablevision/MSG, Cuban = HDTV, Buss = Real Estate (i think)

The millionaire owners are screwing everything up by having to be cheap. Trying to make a profit off a sports team is bad business.

Originally Posted by rashi

ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

Sorry, bro.
laugh.gif

Actually, as I understand it, at this point in his life, Buss has very little income outside of the Lakers.  I don't think he's a billionaire in the same class with Cuban, etc.

ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

Sorry, bro.
laugh.gif

Actually, as I understand it, at this point in his life, Buss has very little income outside of the Lakers.  I don't think he's a billionaire in the same class with Cuban, etc.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

Sorry, bro.
laugh.gif

That may be true, I really don't know. I'm not familiar with Buss too much, I just remember he was into Real Estate.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

ohwell.gif

F my life
frown.gif

Sorry, bro.
laugh.gif

That may be true, I really don't know. I'm not familiar with Buss too much, I just remember he was into Real Estate.

@WojYahooNBA As many as 50 NBA players were part of conference call with anti-trust attorney Thursday discussing union decertification, sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA There were two conference calls held this week -- Tuesday and Thursday -- without knowledge of NBPA officials, sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA Calls included several All-Stars. One source on calls told Y!: "We're beyond frustrated with concessions that have already been made."
@WojYahooNBA Here was theme: If NBPA drops below 52% on BRI, and/or remaining system issues go league's way, then this will become movement to decertify.

@WojYahooNBA As many as 50 NBA players were part of conference call with anti-trust attorney Thursday discussing union decertification, sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA There were two conference calls held this week -- Tuesday and Thursday -- without knowledge of NBPA officials, sources tell Y!
@WojYahooNBA Calls included several All-Stars. One source on calls told Y!: "We're beyond frustrated with concessions that have already been made."
@WojYahooNBA Here was theme: If NBPA drops below 52% on BRI, and/or remaining system issues go league's way, then this will become movement to decertify.

Back
Top Bottom