The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

These guys are playing Russian Roulette man...

If something doesn't happen soon, where one side budges we are in BIG trouble.

This!! Player better accept the best offer they get this weekend.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

These guys are playing Russian Roulette man...

If something doesn't happen soon, where one side budges we are in BIG trouble.

This!! Player better accept the best offer they get this weekend.

Originally Posted by Statis22

How you gon say if you don't support the team when it's good then it shouldn't be propped up, you describing like 3/4 of the NBA.

Every city ain't LA or NY. And then when the team gets good they want to jack up ticket prices. I bet it was a lot cheaper to go to a Miami Heat game in 2009 than it was in 2011.

That post was just ridiculous.

I said support them when the team is bad

Originally Posted by Statis22

How you gon say if you don't support the team when it's good then it shouldn't be propped up, you describing like 3/4 of the NBA.

Every city ain't LA or NY. And then when the team gets good they want to jack up ticket prices. I bet it was a lot cheaper to go to a Miami Heat game in 2009 than it was in 2011.

That post was just ridiculous.

I said support them when the team is bad

Angry with the concessions already made to the owners and fearful of worse ones coming with the completion of a new collective bargaining agreement, the players could push for a scenario that throws negotiations into chaos and could eventually lead to the loss of the 2011-12 season. Paul Pierce played a prominent role on both calls, leading the charge on decertification, sources said. Participants in Thursday’s call included Dwyane Wade, Jason Kidd, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, Tyson Chandler, Spencer Hawes and DeAndre Jordan, sources said.

Link
The most vocal player on both calls, sources said, was Boston's Paul Pierce. Those same sources identified Miami's Dwyane Wade as another vocal participant Thursday, with Orlando's Dwight Howard and Boston's Ray Allen also speaking up Tuesday.
Link

Angry with the concessions already made to the owners and fearful of worse ones coming with the completion of a new collective bargaining agreement, the players could push for a scenario that throws negotiations into chaos and could eventually lead to the loss of the 2011-12 season. Paul Pierce played a prominent role on both calls, leading the charge on decertification, sources said. Participants in Thursday’s call included Dwyane Wade, Jason Kidd, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, Tyson Chandler, Spencer Hawes and DeAndre Jordan, sources said.

Link
The most vocal player on both calls, sources said, was Boston's Paul Pierce. Those same sources identified Miami's Dwyane Wade as another vocal participant Thursday, with Orlando's Dwight Howard and Boston's Ray Allen also speaking up Tuesday.
Link

Originally Posted by PMatic

Link
Link

These players agents are the ones who pushed for decert to begin with and they want Hunter out anyway. 
There are too many guys in the league that need these pay checks. The rank-and-file will overpower the guys on top. Happened in '99, and it'll happen this time.
This sums it up right here.  Hunter and Stern could work this out among themselves, but of course the hard nosed @$* Union & NBA won't allow that deal, that's so close, to actually come to fruition.  This has run it's course seriously.  Nobody is going to get everything they want, but they can strike a deal that both parties can live with.

FYI this  website Pro Basketball Talk is great for lockout info
pimp.gif

Link
Link

These players agents are the ones who pushed for decert to begin with and they want Hunter out anyway. 
There are too many guys in the league that need these pay checks. The rank-and-file will overpower the guys on top. Happened in '99, and it'll happen this time.
This sums it up right here.  Hunter and Stern could work this out among themselves, but of course the hard nosed @$* Union & NBA won't allow that deal, that's so close, to actually come to fruition.  This has run it's course seriously.  Nobody is going to get everything they want, but they can strike a deal that both parties can live with.

FYI this  website Pro Basketball Talk is great for lockout info
pimp.gif

Link

Someone needs to tell these guys to shut up. Superstars should not be playing a role in any of this. They have a warped sense of reality from even the rest of the players. Players better take a deal in the next few days or it's going to get very ugly.

Link

Someone needs to tell these guys to shut up. Superstars should not be playing a role in any of this. They have a warped sense of reality from even the rest of the players. Players better take a deal in the next few days or it's going to get very ugly.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Link

Seriously.

I'm fully confident if they put a 50-50 deal up to a vote with all the players, they would have a deal. Players being involved is so counterproductive.

Link

Seriously.

I'm fully confident if they put a 50-50 deal up to a vote with all the players, they would have a deal. Players being involved is so counterproductive.

The owners can now hammer away with threats and offers of less than 50% until the union caves in at 50/50. That's where it should end, as long as the Paul Pierces and KGs of the league keep their fat yappers shut.

The owners can now hammer away with threats and offers of less than 50% until the union caves in at 50/50. That's where it should end, as long as the Paul Pierces and KGs of the league keep their fat yappers shut.

I agree with the article above 100%. I doubt Stern has the authority to make the necessary system changes to make a 50-50 split work such that the players will agree. If I'm an owner the only way I agree to system changes that don't destroy the players is if they take 47%.

I agree with the article above 100%. I doubt Stern has the authority to make the necessary system changes to make a 50-50 split work such that the players will agree. If I'm an owner the only way I agree to system changes that don't destroy the players is if they take 47%.

Link

Right. They have a warped sense of reality fighting for things like the mid-level exception?

Link

Right. They have a warped sense of reality fighting for things like the mid-level exception?

what i dont get is why the big market teams are letting the other owners run the show.

Luxury Tax, no mid level exception, new system, revenue sharing are all in favor of small market teams.

Back
Top Bottom