When You Talk To God, Is The Response From Him or Is It From You Talking To Yourself

:lol: @ "legend has it" cuz one person made something up. That person being a troll. Dudes really keeping tabs on Future, salivating to get any other facts about him.

If there IS one god, then is it possible? Yes. Anything is possible when you can shift the rules and escape the limits of logic that the same god seems to hold himself to from time to time. God can do anything if you're assuming that god made them all believe different things to communicate to them all simultaneously in a rather inconsistent manner.

But the problem is that theorizing scenarios doesn't lead to the validity of reality or reasonable descriptions of it.

We don't get anywhere if we make up the rules for a situation then hold ourselves to it and then assert the answer we want to make a point, especially on something that doesn't have any original basis on which you can actually compare it to, namely whether or this deity exists. 
I would say that in a 'scenario' it is safe to assume anything, purely for the sake of compartmentalizing a discussion. Yes, I have included the assumption in my scenario that 'benevolent god' is one god...maybe we'll consider other 'gods' later on if the discussion goes that way.

'

+ and maybe we'll consider whether the God in our scenario 'made them all believe different things'
So whats your point?

To prove in a special imaginary scenario that the god you want to be true did what you wanted him to do in a place you made the rules for? What does that have to do with anything or how does that lead to the substantiation of anything you're asserting in absence of these limitations?

Simple and sweet,
Religion is tought, it is not naturally attained.
But faith is, and thats all you need.
You can't have faith in what you don't think exists for you to even believe in the first place.

You clearly don't think that when go wake up tomorrow you'll wake up as  a beetle an flower pedal singing village people songs upside down. Sound wild? Thats because you didn't know you could wish for that to happen.

To make this simpler: You have faith in something that you think will happen because you've been taught to think that it will happen.

Before I mentioned that previous example, you didn't have faith that such a thing could exist because you hadn't conceived the notion to take a stance on it in the first place. 

laugh.gif
@ "legend has it" cuz one person made something up. That person being a troll. Dudes really keeping tabs on Future, salivating to get any other facts about him.
keeping tabs??? paying attention. I try to learn from these discussions.

So whats your point?

To prove in a special imaginary scenario that the god you want to be true did what you wanted him to do in a place you made the rules for? What does that have to do with anything or how does that lead to the substantiation of anything you're asserting in absence of these limitations?
we might get to that if you let us.

:lol: @ "legend has it" cuz one person made something up. That person being a troll. Dudes really keeping tabs on Future, salivating to get any other facts about him.
keeping tabs??? paying attention. I try to learn from these discussions.
That post wasn't in the middle of discussion. The thread wasn't even about him. If you pay attention to everything said about a person online while not getting anything from the source I'd say you're doing it wrong. He's explained why he's atheist and how he came to that several times before. I'm not really sure what you thought you were paying attention to and why you felt it was credible or legit. That's not learning.

This all goes back to not discussing the topic but the person. Exactly what are you paying attention to and for what reason?

Still though, :lol: @ "legend has it". You bothered to define the word and yet grossly misuse the phrase.

Last edited:
That post wasn't in the middle of discussion. The thread wasn't even about him. If you pay attention to everything said about a person online while not getting anything from the source I'd say you're doing it wrong. He's explained why he's atheist and how he came to that several times before. I'm not really sure what you thought you were paying attention to and why you felt it was credible or legit. That's not learning.
This all goes back to not discussing the topic but the person. Exactly what are you paying attention to and for what reason?
Still though,
laugh.gif
@ "legend has it". You bothered to define the word and yet grossly misuse the phrase.
break it down for me? I'm intrigued (I look forward to this).

Last edited:

Still though, :lol: @ "legend has it". You bothered to define the word and yet grossly misuse the phrase.
break it down for me? I'm intrigued.
If one person says something about someone you can't say "legend has it". **** doesn't even qualify as a rumor.

You intrigued? You can define the word legend but can't go look up the phrase legend has it? The word legend alone should give you some indication as to the weight the "legend" in question would have given that legends aren't random speculations held by one person.

Last edited:
If one person says something about someone you can't say "legend has it". **** doesn't even qualify as a rumor.
You intrigued? You can define the word legend but can't go look up the phrase legend has it? The word legend alone should give you some indication as to the weight the "legend" in question would have given that legends aren't random speculations held by one person.
this is what you came up with????

I'll help you out:

1.poster A asks whether future has always been atheist.

2.I half jokingly state that: 'Legend has it...' I conclude that comment by stating that the point probably does not matter.

3. Future replies, as he should, by questioning where I heard these things.

4. I tell him '"tales that old men tell...(a reference to legend)"

5. He proceeds to say I made these thing up in my imagination

6. I proceed to provide evidence of a longtime ('old men')  NT  user who told me the legend

7. Feel free to read the dictionary next time.

(this happened hours ago. Stop trying so hard man!)
LOL

Which legend is that?

Do tell. Please tell me something I don't know.

I'm interested what story you've conjured up now.

FYI, its never been a problem. The source of some interesting arguments? Sure. But vibing with it? Nah. If anything my luck has been pretty good since you USUALLY know what someones personality is like before hand. No major surprises.

But again, PLEASE tell me what you seem to know.
Stories that old men tell, but who knows if these things are true...they do bring a chuckle. But the point is unimportant?
I'd say so...mostly because you spoke so confidently before. Oh well. 
grin.gif

Does it really matter?

Do any of them exist? 
grin.gif

Why does god get credit for your hard work? 
Maybe it doesn't, maybe it does. No one knows for sure, but it's better to ask what God people are talking about. I don't want to discuss my beliefs in a thread that doesn't call for it. 

So whats your point?

So whats your point?

So whats your point?

So whats your point?

Instead of always having a rebuttal and trying to force people to see your way ( cause that's what it comes off as ) allow them to see things themselves. The same way it happened with you.

So whats your point?

So whats your point?
Instead of always having a rebuttal and trying to force people to see your way ( cause that's what it comes off as ) allow them to see things themselves. The same way it happened with you.
What are you talking about? It was a response lacking any nascent information. I wasn't satisfied and I don't see his original point. Do you understand what a rebuttal is? its a response that asserts something to the contrary. I didn't even understand that. You don't get to champion their views in a vacuum free from the consideration that people might  have responses for them. You're LOOKING for an argument right now by making it seem like only one side has the right to respond.

"allow them to see things themselves"...what does that even mean? LOL. 

Stay in your lane and participate but don't act like you're offering any assistance by saying only some people have something of value to say and others don't. 

Last edited:
No one is trying to start an argument , like I stated previously in this thread I just had a couple questions towards you and the views on this subject.

So I'm just here watching the thread and seeing your view points on the subject.

George Carlin is the most overrated comedian I've ever had the privelge of watching he did the equivalent of Clint Eastwoods chair rant every single show dude was a tired bitter old man who only complained and called everybody an idiot.

This thread again.

Same storyline.

nothing different.

Just post this in TAN

so at least we can make it die down
Don't take this against you personally:

When I hear this criticism I often wonder...does it matter?

I mean if its a SINGLE topic at a time and if the discussion is contained to that topic, whats the matter? 

Its not like there is a goal in mind in other topics, other than to discuss the topic. 

So if theres no God or religion, whats up with demons?

Why is there this whole demon world of evil spirits and symbols and people getting exorcisms and all that

Don't take this against you personally:

When I hear this criticism I often wonder...does it matter?

I mean if its a SINGLE topic at a time and if the discussion is contained to that topic, whats the matter? 

Its not like there is a goal in mind in other topics, other than to discuss the topic. 

i know i clowned on u in the past, but forget that.

my criticism is more in regard to what the comments turn into.

i am all for discussion but people on both sides just wind up insulting and flaming each other.

moreover, the more intelligent NTers know how to present very subtle underhanded insults.

for once i would like a discussion to stay on topic.

for example you were making excellent points in the gay marriage thread. but people who just have issues against you took to arguing. it went from a discussion regarding opinion to an argument filled with juvenile insuls towards u.

now i'm all for the lulz and teasing you about drake, but when people begin to flame you for having a wide view on social justice, thats where i draw my line.

and you know its going to wind up happening here.

if DC made this thread in a serious tone, I would have loved to hear people's opinion.

Like i already know the atheist perspective, but i would like some insight for those who actually have faith.

Science is logical and at times clear cut.

faith, is more opinion and can become very complex.

I want to hear that stuff.

not the atheist suck, no believers suck bs that goes on.

So if theres no God or religion, whats up with demons?

Why is there this whole demon world of evil spirits and symbols and people getting exorcisms and all that
I see it as a way to absolve oneself from personal responsibility.

I don't think its farfetched for people to think that their own misfortune is the result of something SO GREAT and beyond their control that they conjure up stories to make up for their perceived inferiority. I mean this in the sense that if you really think there is a demon of homosexuality in you so you cling to the church to cure you instead of accepting you might be gay, or thinking that there s a demon of drug abuse instead of combating your own willpower, or that there is a demon that is controlling a series of bad decisions you've made instead of your own inability to plan and make reasonable judgements...then yeah I see how things can get out of hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom