70% of Divorces are filed by women. 90% of Child Custody cases are awarded to women.

I cant pen point how often it should be done. But ALL laws need to be revisited & revamped if needed to better our society.

Unfortunately, this is how its steams from being political....

Not revisiting these laws benefits those in power and keeps those in power.

We all know who "those in power" aren't. They're not people of color.

But regardless of color AND not being able to just get up and change a law overnight. One must understand and know the rules of the game in order for the game not to play you. That's family laws, credit laws, estate laws, traffic laws, child custody laws, voting rights, &, etc..... Almost any genre of laws. Get aware or at least somewhat aware to better a situation.

I think they are saying how are you scared of the institution of marriage and how it can drain a man financially but voluntary sign up for co-parenting with multiple women.

I am just translating.
I am JUST translating.
I am just TRANSlating.

I still don't get it.

Co parenting is not marriage.

Its not easy at times but for the most part I'm in a good spot with both my BMs.

Hell they even talk from time to time.

But maybe there's something to it.

Maybe that's why I'm not getting married.

IDK.

I still don't get it.

Co parenting is not marriage.

Its not easy at times but for the most part I'm in a good spot with both my BMs.

Hell they even talk from time to time.

But maybe there's something to it.

Maybe that's why I'm not getting married.

IDK.

You skipped over the financial aspect of both situations. I think they are saying you are screwed in both situations.

I got custody of both my sons because both my BMs trash. CS payments be clutch :pimp:

Dawg I read this and laughed so hard. I further read your explanation and I'm sorry you went through that. Glad you doing your thing with your kids tho. Props to you king.
Yea absolutely no reason for men in modern times to get married. With that said I’ll be getting married late next year :lol:

I'm up in 2022, marrying my BM tho.

Dawg this thread is gold. I love so many of you guys through our interactions in other threads. I hate hearing some of this ****.

I been through some very high highs and very low lows with my girl. I pray that we never split, but if we do I've worked tirelessly to set her up so she wouldn't need me or any other man to take care of herself and our son.

Just being honest we split up before and she had to move back in with mom til we figured it out. Her mom isn't a terrible person but it was hella toxic for my bm and neither of us really wanted that. Unfortunately a big reason for our previous split was finances and although it took alot of work we've made major improvements on her side to help her overcome some of what she was lacking in that department and what I was lacking in an emotional department.

Throughout it all we remained friends and that's what allowed us to get back together, its what even prompted me to propose (I grew up in a single parent household and marriage never really appealed to me).

Even with this pandemic we've worked in the same space tirelessly for the last 9 months and we've never been better. I literally couldn't do this before, mostly cause I use to have side work, but also just because she wasn't my best friend. Now she is.

I agree that getting married is alot like betting it all on 60% likely to fail investment but I'm still going all in. Only for her though. If this **** don't work out imma ball solo forever.

I can genuinely say I've set her up nice enough that even if it didn't work out I know she wouldn't come at me crazy because she has her own plays now. It took a lot to get there but I'm thankful.

If our “government” made living, and the cost of living more affordable, there would be less marriages.

Bottom line, living is expensive, so therefore, the concept of marriage is appealing to certain people.

If things were more affordable, this wouldn’t be an issue.

QFT this is a great point. And being a happily married man myself if society were set up differently i would not be married.
A big reason i got married is because my wife and I wanted kids. She works retail and struggles to be pregnant and working. So we got married so she could quit her job and get on my health insurance.

We eloped the two of us and just tied the knot. Didn't blow thousands on a wedding...just knocked it out and moved on with life.

Dawg I read this and laughed so hard. I further read your explanation and I'm sorry you went through that. Glad you doing your thing with your kids tho. Props to you king.

I'm up in 2022, marrying my BM tho.

Dawg this thread is gold. I love so many of you guys through our interactions in other threads. I hate hearing some of this ****.

I been through some very high highs and very low lows with my girl. I pray that we never split, but if we do I've worked tirelessly to set her up so she wouldn't need me or any other man to take care of herself and our son.

Just being honest we split up before and she had to move back in with mom til we figured it out. Her mom isn't a terrible person but it was hella toxic for my bm and neither of us really wanted that. Unfortunately a big reason for our previous split was finances and although it took alot of work we've made major improvements on her side to help her overcome some of what she was lacking in that department and what I was lacking in an emotional department.

Throughout it all we remained friends and that's what allowed us to get back together, its what even prompted me to propose (I grew up in a single parent household and marriage never really appealed to me).

Even with this pandemic we've worked in the same space tirelessly for the last 9 months and we've never been better. I literally couldn't do this before, mostly cause I use to have side work, but also just because she wasn't my best friend. Now she is.

I agree that getting married is alot like betting it all on 60% likely to fail investment but I'm still going all in. Only for her though. If this **** don't work out imma ball solo forever.

I can genuinely say I've set her up nice enough that even if it didn't work out I know she wouldn't come at me crazy because she has her own plays now. It took a lot to get there but I'm thankful.

I love all this but the last sentence.

I think it’s wise to accept that **** can get crazy on the split regardless of the trust and understanding you have when things are good.

Hopefully your instincts are correct though.

I love all this but the last sentence.

I think it’s wise to accept that **** can get crazy on the split regardless of the trust and understanding you have when things are good.

Hopefully your instincts are correct though.

Hey bro you're right and I felt weird sayibg it tbh. Let's just say I'm hopefulll. We never really know anything though.

If our “government” made living, and the cost of living more affordable, there would be less marriages.

Bottom line, living is expensive, so therefore, the concept of marriage is appealing to certain people.

QFMFT

Hit the nail on the head.

Marriage is already one of the biggest conspiracies perpetrated against man, I can’t see any reason to compound that conspiracy with another 🤣.

To each his own, of course...
No. The origins of marriage was, still is depending on were you are, and in general an oppressive practice against women b/c it started as & still is about the patriarchal ownership of woman (in regards to different sex couples). No b/c men started marriage to own ho's.

The love **** semi flipped it, but when you sit there and think about it's still ****** up even in the progressive parts of the world. Like... a married woman is generally expected to give up last her name. I want you to let that sink in.

No. The origins of marriage was, still is depending on were you are, and in general an oppressive practice against women b/c it started as & still is about the patriarchal ownership of woman (in regards to different sex couples). No b/c men started marriage to own ho's.

The love **** semi flipped it, but when you sit there and think about it's still ****ed up even in the progressive parts of the world. Like... a married woman is generally expected to give up last her name. I want you to let that sink in.

My dad is Nigerian and this 100% more obvious in his tribal culture. My aunts were considered taboo because they continued to support their family even after being married off.

Alot of husband's wouldnt allow that **** back in the day and the women of my family were often kinda shaded because they refused to fall in line in that regard.

I love my uncle's (by marriage) even more because they allowed it in a time and place where it wasn't the norm.

Word. No women that do not have it together, looking to be saved. If you've got it together, get with someone who has it even more together than you do. I'd be not trying to hear from anyone, that they are looking to build something WITH someone. I'd only get with someone who already has a plan for themselves. I know, it's tough when that beast gets on your back, and you need to nut, but don't let that nut lead you to into something that is a trap. Women are so messed up these days due to being trampled upon for so long due to sexism, misogyny, many of them cannot even trust themselves. Brothers play right into it, because many are so insecure themselves. Dudes are NEEDY, needier than the women that they are complaining about.

Own up to your privilege, and then learn to choose correctly.
/Thread

The first law that needs to be revamped is a Woman's Right To Choose. Women should have all rights to their own bodies, and then should be paid EQUAL to Male counterparts. Women should also be equally represented through law, and then having a voice in how the country is governed EQUALLY, then never taking a back seat to men on any level. Until that happens, Men will always face problems in regard to relationships and marriage with women, especially those of us that are descendants of slaves in this country.

The laws regarding marriage and human rights in this country, has never been in our favor. If we approach relationships and marriage in the same fashion the White people do, expecting the same result, then we are doomed to fail. Black women are far more successful than Black men in this country, then are the most educated group of PEOPLE in this country as well. So why should she take a back seat to Black men, who are the most incarcerated people in this country? It does not make sense for a man that has had no success, to try and rule over a woman that has earned her respect through education and then life, then to simply take a back seat to a man, a Black man, that is more likely to be locked up, not finishing school, simply because he is a man?

Now throw Christianity in the mix, of which confuses all sorts of stuff, enforcing a sense of entitlement in men.

Women do not owe men anything. Men owe women EVERYTHING.

In the Black community, this is a fact. Without Black women, we'd have nary a pot to pee in.

The love **** semi flipped it, but when you sit there and think about it's still ****ed up even in the progressive parts of the world. Like... a married woman is generally expected to give up last her name. I want you to let that sink in.

D006FE03-0B22-478C-9326-342CC56F7168.gif

You are entitled to interpret marriage in whatever way you see fit. Telling me “no” like you’re the authority or some **** and then attempting to steer me in the direction of your logic is meaningless and hilarious.

Marriage remains a conspiracy like I said. Who YOU think it’s perpetrated against is up to you. But don’t come here talking like that. Uncalled for.

Let THAT sink in 🤣

Last edited:

Wealthy people marry at a significantly higher rate though.....I do agree its about incentives though

But back in the 50s/60s cost of living was super-low and there was alot more marriages.

You're forgetting that Women started getting pushed into the workforce which indirectly increased cost of living by doubling the supply of labor, thus reducing the value of said labor.

I never understood that, either. I have a few friends who got married within the last five years that either took the woman's last name (****** parents, wanted to not have the name anymore), or actually combined the two last names (they both had really cool last names, I can't blame them). Hyphenating always complicates ****, too.

The first law that needs to be revamped is a Woman's Right To Choose. Women should have all rights to their own bodies, and then should be paid EQUAL to Male counterparts. Women should also be equally represented through law, and then having a voice in how the country is governed EQUALLY, then never taking a back seat to men on any level. Until that happens, Men will always face problems in regard to relationships and marriage with women, especially those of us that are descendants of slaves in this country.

The laws regarding marriage and human rights in this country, has never been in our favor. If we approach relationships and marriage in the same fashion the White people do, expecting the same result, then we are doomed to fail. Black women are far more successful than Black men in this country, then are the most educated group of PEOPLE in this country as well. So why should she take a back seat to Black men, who are the most incarcerated people in this country? It does not make sense for a man that has had no success, to try and rule over a woman that has earned her respect through education and then life, then to simply take a back seat to a man, a Black man, that is more likely to be locked up, not finishing school, simply because he is a man?

Now throw Christianity in the mix, of which confuses all sorts of stuff, enforcing a sense of entitlement in men.

Women do not owe men anything. Men owe women EVERYTHING.

In the Black community, this is a fact. Without Black women, we'd have nary a pot to pee in.
The church
D006FE03-0B22-478C-9326-342CC56F7168.gif

You are entitled to interpret marriage in whatever way you see fit. Telling me “no” like you’re the authority or some **** and then attempting to steer me in the direction of your logic is meaningless and hilarious.

Marriage remains a conspiracy like I said. Who YOU think it’s perpetrated against is up to you. But don’t come here talking like that. Uncalled for.

Let THAT sink in 🤣
Lovely. This is actually a very Kanye West response. Say free thinker, if factual and basic human history is an interpretación then how about we consider the Jordan 1 a boat shoe?

The church

Lovely. This is actually a very Kanye West response. Say free thinker, if factual and basic human history is an interpretación then how about we consider the Jordan 1 a boat shoe?

Wait, the Jordan 1 isn’t a boat shoe?

I'm Irish and Puerto Rican, why does it matter?
Because it speaks to your experience with privilege. Now, we can go either way with this, cool? Either you can choose willful ignorance? Or understanding that the Black experience in america has a different result next to people who claim Irish and Puerto Rican.

That's why it matters.

Back
Top Bottom