NT help me out... final design project COPIED. VOL. College is no joke

In hs, I was the one that copied a home boy's essay. Teacher called us both in and I confessed that it was my homie's work and I copied it. Took a zero and never copied anyone essay ever again. OP just show the dean all your saved files and notes and hopefully everything turns out ok. Good luck.

In hs, I was the one that copied a home boy's essay. Teacher called us both in and I confessed that it was my homie's work and I copied it. Took a zero and never copied anyone essay ever again. OP just show the dean all your saved files and notes and hopefully everything turns out ok. Good luck.

throw that dude under the bus.

and on the plus sign, at least the dean knows of you now.

throw that dude under the bus.

and on the plus sign, at least the dean knows of you now.

I still can't believe you just gave your stuff to somebody like that...I couldn't do it. Class notes is as far as I go.

I still can't believe you just gave your stuff to somebody like that...I couldn't do it. Class notes is as far as I go.

Yo that's downright low as hell 
30t6p3b.gif
Hope you get it all sorted out man.

Post his pic here, I want to see what duke looks like

Yo that's downright low as hell 
30t6p3b.gif
Hope you get it all sorted out man.

Post his pic here, I want to see what duke looks like

Brett let this be a life lesson to you...you can be as accomplished as you think you are academically but someone with better manipulating skills can take all your work and leave you in the dust because of that.

Do whatever you need to do to show your schools dean or whoever oversees matters like this in your country and show them all the evidence you have, laptop, rough drafts, testimonials from others...whatever you have to do.

Brett let this be a life lesson to you...you can be as accomplished as you think you are academically but someone with better manipulating skills can take all your work and leave you in the dust because of that.

Do whatever you need to do to show your schools dean or whoever oversees matters like this in your country and show them all the evidence you have, laptop, rough drafts, testimonials from others...whatever you have to do.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

if you can get your friend to admit to your dean that he copied from you, won't that prove that yours was original?
I sent him this e-mail:
Alright... I compared our reports and there is no question that you copied a large majority of my work. 
You changed a few words and rearranged some sentences but almost 80% is exactly my wording - no question.
I'm going to appeal the case and I need you to sign the letter of appeal that I'm going to write. It's going to state that the work I submitted is 100% original content written by myself, and any work that has been duplicated on your proposal is your doing without my knowing. 

Basically, you're gonna admit blame for plagiarizing and sign off on the fact that I had no intention of anyone copying my work, because I didn't. 
I might just get 4chan on his *#%

how about you beat him up?

whats this world coming to when people resort to the internet to handle their issues smh

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

if you can get your friend to admit to your dean that he copied from you, won't that prove that yours was original?
I sent him this e-mail:
Alright... I compared our reports and there is no question that you copied a large majority of my work. 
You changed a few words and rearranged some sentences but almost 80% is exactly my wording - no question.
I'm going to appeal the case and I need you to sign the letter of appeal that I'm going to write. It's going to state that the work I submitted is 100% original content written by myself, and any work that has been duplicated on your proposal is your doing without my knowing. 

Basically, you're gonna admit blame for plagiarizing and sign off on the fact that I had no intention of anyone copying my work, because I didn't. 
I might just get 4chan on his *#%

how about you beat him up?

whats this world coming to when people resort to the internet to handle their issues smh

happen to my girl and a few of her friends
a classmate stole all the work WORD FOR WORD... and even made mistakes.

spoke to one of the professor and the girl had to repeated the class..

snitch if you have to .. its your degree and your money.. then later handle him on the street..

happen to my girl and a few of her friends
a classmate stole all the work WORD FOR WORD... and even made mistakes.

spoke to one of the professor and the girl had to repeated the class..

snitch if you have to .. its your degree and your money.. then later handle him on the street..

I don't know if it's been mentioned since I didn't read through all five pages, but you should be able to view the date the document was created by going through properties. Then you can show your professor yours was created earlier. That sucks, but you're part of the blame too since you provided him your work as reference. That's why I never let anyone in college view my assignments. Some friends even called and texted me and I refused making up excuses like I deleted it or its on a separate hard drive I can't find. I know the feeling, it sucks man. During group projects I would always tell how it is too in the evaluations since no way in hell am I going to let a stupid group member get all the credit for my hard work, even in my capstone classes. They failed, their fault.

I don't know if it's been mentioned since I didn't read through all five pages, but you should be able to view the date the document was created by going through properties. Then you can show your professor yours was created earlier. That sucks, but you're part of the blame too since you provided him your work as reference. That's why I never let anyone in college view my assignments. Some friends even called and texted me and I refused making up excuses like I deleted it or its on a separate hard drive I can't find. I know the feeling, it sucks man. During group projects I would always tell how it is too in the evaluations since no way in hell am I going to let a stupid group member get all the credit for my hard work, even in my capstone classes. They failed, their fault.

I 'graduated' last week from college.... on last day of classes I handed in a final design project. Roughly 80 hours was spent writing the proposal and it was some of my best work to date. I was excited for a high mark to boast to my current employers for when they request a record of my transcript - because well, they hired me prior to receiving my final grades.
Finals grades are supposed to be sent out tomorrow.. got an e-mail from the dean today stating that my design project was receiving a mark of 0% and in order to graduate I will be required to redo a project of a similar nature.

The work is 100% mine and 100% original. 

but I messed up....

Two days before project was due, a friend/classmate 'lost' his work when his computer crashed. He needed to get it done in super time so he requested to view my work for reference.

The +%$$!#%$%@@% copied and pasted 80% of the work. (The other 20% of the work is incorrect - just saying). I know this because he told me he also got a 0% and I told him to send me a copy so I can compare the two.

The letter states that I am able to appeal the case to the Dean. Has anyone been in this situation? What are my options... no way I'm able to redo it especially since the work is ALL ORIGINAL.

Jk7o.gif

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

CLIFFS

-doing final project

-all work is my own work

-friend asks to use it as a guide when he loses his work

-dude copies word for word

-I get a zero... need suggestions

you an engineer? sounds like a senior design project gone wrong
30t6p3b.gif
i would've knocked the dude out already.

I 'graduated' last week from college.... on last day of classes I handed in a final design project. Roughly 80 hours was spent writing the proposal and it was some of my best work to date. I was excited for a high mark to boast to my current employers for when they request a record of my transcript - because well, they hired me prior to receiving my final grades.
Finals grades are supposed to be sent out tomorrow.. got an e-mail from the dean today stating that my design project was receiving a mark of 0% and in order to graduate I will be required to redo a project of a similar nature.

The work is 100% mine and 100% original. 

but I messed up....

Two days before project was due, a friend/classmate 'lost' his work when his computer crashed. He needed to get it done in super time so he requested to view my work for reference.

The +%$$!#%$%@@% copied and pasted 80% of the work. (The other 20% of the work is incorrect - just saying). I know this because he told me he also got a 0% and I told him to send me a copy so I can compare the two.

The letter states that I am able to appeal the case to the Dean. Has anyone been in this situation? What are my options... no way I'm able to redo it especially since the work is ALL ORIGINAL.

Jk7o.gif

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

CLIFFS

-doing final project

-all work is my own work

-friend asks to use it as a guide when he loses his work

-dude copies word for word

-I get a zero... need suggestions

you an engineer? sounds like a senior design project gone wrong
30t6p3b.gif
i would've knocked the dude out already.

he technically didnt willingly provide his work so someone else could cheat, because his friend asked OP to use his work for reference. i dont think OP would have obliged to show his friend his project if he had known his friend was going to copy 80% of it. if im wrong and OP knew what he was getting himself into, then he deserves this.

Back
Top Bottom