So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

nike dumb

aint nobody buying jordans no more like they use to because of the price hikes

why on earth would somebody pay more for some 30 year old tech when vapormax and uktra boost are cheaper?

they really acting like george mcfly

nike dumb

aint nobody buying jordans no more like they use to because of the price hikes

why on earth would somebody pay more for some 30 year old tech when vapormax and uktra boost are cheaper?

they really acting like george mcfly

Because Retros actually look good and are much more wearable than shoes with huge, goofy plastic bubble condoms as soles?

because if you make em even more premium and increase da prestige, folks buying em as a status symbol cranks up a couple more notches.

IMO, nah...Nike air only hits because its a original color synergy... slapping Nike air on retro+ colors automatically makes it lose its novelty.

I respectfully disagree. For a person like me, Nike Air was the deciding factor on me buying a shoe vs not buying it. Atmos 3 for example. No way I would have bought that shoe with jumpman air on the back. Numerous colors of the 1 would not have been bought with a jumpman on the tongue and the jumpman on the back of it. I am a person who believes that a shoe should be reproduced the way it was designed. The back tabs of the III and IV were designed for Nike Air, as well as the space on the back of the V and VI. Without the correct logo, the space back there doesnt look proportioned as it should be. Lets reverse it and put Nike Air on the Jordan X. That would look terrible. The space on the back was fitted and designed for a jumpman. What I will agree on, is that not all colorways would benefit from Nike Air, but simple colorways like the Motorsport IV, Katrina III, Mocha III and more would benefit from NA.

I actually like the jump man on the back of the 5. Its actually the most fitting of any jump man on those earlier retros. That said, I prefer the NA OG versions.

when da knick I's from 2013 dropped with nike air, they looked bad with da nike air...da color made em look like some dunks.

I’m not sure why you’re not getting this...

“but blatantly cutting product to maintain a 'cool' factor is a huge no-no.”

Yet Nike cuts stock all the time for certain releases (I.e. 2016 Banned 1s, 2016 BT 1s, 2017 Royal 1s). In fact, it’s been a recent occurrence (since 2015) that stock has far outweighed demand for GR retro releases.

I hear you and agree wtih you fam. Just saying that they'll have to make money through other Jumpman branded products. You won't see less of JB on the streets (unfortunately).

Last edited:
The biggest issue is price. For what JB spits out the product doesn't justify the price. Metallic V's were close but they were surly not worth $220. Nike must not think people have access to the internet and can see what the actual shoes looked like back in the day. I've always been curious what it would cost JB to replicate an OG shoe to its previous exact specifications (material, comfort, longevity, etc.). Is it that hard or does JB think we are that dumb?

Going by what sneaker files is saying this cut back is suppose to start in Feb into the holidays on retros. Which I'm assuming BC3s? So does that mean new cw will be Gr? I was thinking the total opposite since there's more new cw sitting harder than retros. I guess they going for the year of exclusivity in 2018.

This also plays into HOH hands as they want to that hacker central drawing app so bad. Hoh is also in a bad position since they supposedly are going back and forth with Nike. Don't know what type of deal they have but, if I'm putting my stuff on Amazon and can put more allocation in to stores like FNL, Hibbet,etc, why would Nike need to go back and forth with or hear Hoh running their mouth. It's nike fault, there be stores in the boondocks that get more pairs that sit than stores that more sales on products.

Spread it out. Give me 1 or 2 big release a month in store wise. You can still do your exclusive boutique drops, sprinkle in a GS only and/or Jordan 32s for the other 2 week and everything be good imo. In all they still have to make their share holders happy. We see how this goes.

Make the retro+ color ways abundant and keep the OG color ways extremely limited. You keep the mystique of Mike's playing days and the OG campaigns going while abusing supply and demand with garbage like cement 5's flying off the shelves cause you can't get your hands on White Cement 4's or Black Metallic 5's

like i said, flood Amazon, NDC, other online retailers, and just trickle out brick & mortar stores...that way you can have da perception of scarcity, meanwhile you got boatloads of em online.

It was fun while it lasted

BC3s and Concords are the only majors on my rader

And the Shadows but it is what it is.

It was fun while it lasted

BC3s and Concords are the only majors on my rader

And the Shadows but it is what it is.

I’m with you on BC3s and Concords. On the plus side, this should make it easier for us to offload any unworn, DS pairs of retros we might have kept DS for retail or better. Lord knows I’m never going to wear my Alt ‘89 4s nor my Lady Liberty 10s.

I’m with you on BC3s and Concords. On the plus side, this should make it easier for us to offload any unworn, DS pairs of retros we might have kept DS for retail or better. Lord knows I’m never going to wear my Alt ‘89 4s nor my Lady Liberty 10s.
How would cutting production in 2018 effect shoes that were released in abundance the year before?

If Nike’s plan works out, it would make the market for retros, in general, more attractive.
I think it will for the models they cut production on but this years shoes that they have a lot of I don’t think will do anything just my 2 cents

BC 3s should be ok since production on those shoes should have started already. The only shoe I'm worried about is the mocha 3s. Those are the only must haves on my 2018 list as I'm cutting down on sneakers to save up.

I wonder if this is another marketing ploy/trick to get people to buy shoes at closer to full price as they are going to be "limited" now?? It never ceases to amaze me when all of sudden stock of an older shoe just shows up again and/or at outlets quite a while after its original release.. I can see them doing more of these surprise restocks and getting more people to hype the "limited" train while still making/selling almost as many pairs as this past year or so..

I agree with others that they need to stop with some of these wack colorways and focus on making the Retros as close to the OG's as they can for the prices they want us to pay..

Back
Top Bottom